97 Kona Cindercone

Zappa

Old School Hero
The time has (sadly) come to part with my 97 Cindercone. As much as I love it and will hate to see it go, it has become another 'Garage Ornament' which (since building 6 months ago) I have only ridden 12 miles.

The frame and forks are by no means pristine as they have some paint chips. Having said this, I would still describe it as very good condition. All components are also in very good condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. All cables, chain and cassette are new. The wheels are true and the hubs rum smooth. However, the rear spoke tensions are a bit slack on one side. I've trued it as well as I can but I think it previously had a bad buckle so the rim might need replacing at some point.

Forks - Kona P2 gun metal grey

Chainset - XT FC-M739

Rear mech - XT RD-M739

Front mech - XT FD-M739

STI's - XT ST-M739

Wheels - Mavic X138 rims, STX-RC hubs, DT spokes

Tyres - Front - Kona Lumpy. Rear - Kona Gravy

Bars - Kona Race Light

Stem - Kona

Seatpost - USE anodised blue

Saddle - Ritchey Vector

Chain and cassette - Sram (new)

Headset - Cane Creek

Please email/PM me for more info and photos.

I'm not entirely sure what it's worth but based on what I paid for the parts, I'm thinking £450

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 883
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 883
yep, the price is too high, why not put on ebay and put starting price of 99p with a reserve of your asking price of £450, when the auction ended, you will have an idea the value of your Kona, good luck.

Hi guybe

Thanks very much, that's a good idea.

I think my asking price is based on sentimental value rather than it's actual worth. I really don't want to sell it but needs must. Needs being a new central heating system before winter sets in :(

I guess I should have been realistic and put it on the 'What's it worth' thread first to get a better idea.

In the meantime, as much as I (desperately) don't want to, I need to sell it so any offers will be considered.

Cheers

Theres a guy selling one on another forum that is pretty much mint condition, no scratches, new LX chainset etc and he's asking £185

In fact I posted the add on here... it's a great bike for the right price

Thats the bracket you should be looking around, as you said, sentimental value is different to actual value... nice bike but you need to lower the price to around £200 =/-

Ok, point taken but if I stripped it down I could sell all the parts for closer to £300 (see the spec) so it doesn't really make sense.

£185 is a real bargain and they don't become available at that price very often. Mine isn't a bargain at the price I want but have a look at the spec, add up the price of the parts (based on what they sell for on this forum) and I think you'll see that my asking price does make sense.

Sadly I think my only option now is to break it down which is a real shame as it's a great bike which I took a lot of pride in building.

Cheers

Back