97 GT Zaskar - Updated Pics

Re: Re:

dirttorpedo":3cmzr5yf said:
Beautiful bike. The anno looks in top condition (as opposed to my POS 96). Personally I think there are too many ball burnished ones out there and a fine example like this should be loved and cherished.

Thanks DirtTorpedo.

It is very much loved and cherished, to the point where my wife is feeling threatened :D

Seriously though, having owned it from new makes it that bit more special to me, and it will always stay red. would just like to sort the dull patches around the BB

SpaceFlightOrange":3q6j8nih said:
It is very much loved and cherished, to the point where my wife is feeling threatened :D
:LOL:

my gf also likes to joke that i love my zaskar more than her and that the bike comes first/ she comes 2nd blah blah blah :facepalm: :LOL:

sean

SEANSTEPHENS":12yqac4j said:
SpaceFlightOrange":12yqac4j said:
:LOL:

my gf also likes to joke that i love my zaskar more than her and that the bike comes first/ she comes 2nd blah blah blah :facepalm: :LOL:

sean

Sorry didn't read through the thread closely enough. Haven't heard about polishing anno so can't help you there. I just cleaned mine as best as I could and waxed it.

dirttorpedo":1khq3bpw said:
SpaceFlightOrange":1khq3bpw said:

Sorry didn't read through the thread closely enough. Haven't heard about polishing anno so can't help you there. I just cleaned mine as best as I could and waxed it.

theres not a lot you can do about that, just leave it... its not exactly that noticeable unless your really fussy

sean

SEANSTEPHENS":2w7z7rnn said:
dirttorpedo":2w7z7rnn said:
SpaceFlightOrange":2w7z7rnn said:

theres not a lot you can do about that, just leave it... its not exactly that noticeable unless your really fussy

sean

Good Point. If it ain't broke...

Kinda wishing I'd done that with my Raleigh Max. the paint job had a lot of chips in it, but with time and care I probably could have sorted it, was a bit concerned about rust. Ended up getting it powder coated and although they did a decent job, Im not at all happy with the colour. I'll review it once i finally finish the build and maybe get it done again.

Hello.

Haven't updated this for a while but I finally got around to fitting the NOS Kore Elite stem I picked up a while ago. This meant I could get the modern bar/stem/grip combo off the bike and re-fit my X-Lite Xpert bar and X-Lite bar-ends. Took the bike out for a spin and grabbed some pics. The bar and bar-ends are original, and were fitted to the bike when I first built it in 98.

The pedals are a set of VP's which have a classic look to them and pay homage to my first ever set of spa's which where VP's. Sadly I no longer have them.

Attachments

• IMG_6010.jpg
    IMG_6010.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_6015.jpg
    IMG_6015.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_6011.jpg
    IMG_6011.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_6013.jpg
    IMG_6013.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_6014.jpg
    IMG_6014.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 346
Re:

Thats Looking great :) btw how do you find the rc36 on the zaskar? Id like another set really but the last pair i had on mine were far too soft

Yes, they're too soft. Certainly now as I've put on a fair bit of weight since I first fitted them in 98!!

I'd like firmer springs in them. I might give Pace a shout and see if they have any. They still service them.

Re:

I was about 11 stone so not the heaviest rider but i could bottom out these forks quite easilly, that didnt seem right to me but ive asked a few people the same question lately and it seems like thats just how pace made them. I did try and hunt some firm blue springs at the time but i was told they're rare as hens teeth so i gave up. i never contacted pace though so id be interested to know how you get on :)

Might be worth dropping justbackdated a pm as well. He gave me some useful info and pricing for servicing my rc36 back in 2011

Sean

SEANSTEPHENS":24zcd3ou said:
I was about 11 stone so not the heaviest rider but i could bottom out these forks quite easilly, that didnt seem right to me but ive asked a few people the same question lately and it seems like thats just how pace made them. I did try and hunt some firm blue springs at the time but i was told they're rare as hens teeth so i gave up. i never contacted pace though so id be interested to know how you get on :)

Might be worth dropping justbackdated a pm as well. He gave me some useful info and pricing for servicing my rc36 back in 2011

Sean

I'll let you know how I go. Thanks.

Back