97 GT Zaskar - Updated Pics

Re: 97 GT Zaskar

Nice pics, very nice bike :)

Need new rims for mine as some of the spoke nipples have started to pull through :( Not been out on mine all year yet.

Thanks for the great comments, guys.

This bike is my pride and joy. I have very fond memories of when I built it back in the 90's and I'll probably be buried with it :D

Still contemplating returning to the X-Lite Expert bar at some point, but probably when I finally get some XT shifters

SpaceFlightOrange":1u8r911e said:
Still need to replace the decals, so thats a job for winter. would like to strip it down and give the frame a good polish. not sure of the best way to do this with it being anodised

I'll share an unsolicited opinion :)

I think it looks fantastic in the red anodised finish, much more distinctive than it would be polished.

Cheers, Ted

Re:

ted andkilde":w3apig88 said:
SpaceFlightOrange":w3apig88 said:
Still need to replace the decals, so thats a job for winter. would like to strip it down and give the frame a good polish. not sure of the best way to do this with it being anodised

I think it looks fantastic in the red anodised finish, much more distinctive than it would be polished.

Cheers, Ted
I would tend to agree. Keep the red, it looks amazing. Polished Zaskars are relatively commonplace, so you shouldn't struggle to find one if that's the look you want to achieve. Plus, then you would have an excuse to buy another frame...

Re: Re:

fjpshaw":2s6pymwy said:
ted andkilde":2s6pymwy said:
SpaceFlightOrange":2s6pymwy said:

Cheers, Ted
I would tend to agree. Keep the red, it looks amazing. Polished Zaskars are relatively commonplace, so you shouldn't struggle to find one if that's the look you want to achieve. Plus, then you would have an excuse to buy another frame...

Ah, I realise how that sounds now :D
I meant i'd like to strip the decals (damaged ones at least ) and some of the components off it and polish the anodising. It's gone rather dull round the BB shell. I was reading that using a mild dishwashing detergent and a light abrasive pad should help restore it.

It will always stay red :)

Re:

Beautiful bike. The anno looks in top condition (as opposed to my POS 96). Personally I think there are too many ball burnished ones out there and a fine example like this should be loved and cherished.

Back