97 Fuquay

lol, can't remember what the ride of the back end was like, but I do remember that the forks were very stiff, hence the 36s, but can't wait to get back out on it :cool:

Nice bike, not showy but sorted.

Orange71's is a nice colour but I'd have to see it in a more human scale before I could really appreciate it :)

Very nice!

I have an old one too with Gumbo Forks, stripped down for a refurb at the moment, here's a pic from a while ago....

DSC01679.jpg

Cheers
Stu

Nice set up Stu.

Went up to Grizedale this morning and rode the "natural" stuff, and boy had I forgotten how twitchy and responsive it was, but I missed the plushness of my SC, but hey they're two completely different bikes. Enjoyed every minute of it, even tho it showed how unfit I've become, but whilst out have made a deciscion on how it's going to change over the winter months, parts will be replaced with similar quality and others will disappear, so they'll be a project part out ad going up soon.

Couple of pics

Attachments

• DSCF1399 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1399 (800x600).jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 470
  • DSCF1398 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1398 (800x600).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 470
Got round to stripping the Fuquay down for it's winter rebuild/rebirth and thought I'd weigh the frame as I hadn't a clue as to it's weight, well it came in at 1.8kg of svelte steel loviness, ok its a smallish frame but I'm chuffed, next big decision is whether to leave the RC36s on or rebuild it fully rigid with the Gumbo fork, which would make the F+F weight of 2.6kg :LOL:

Anyway bit of a part out thread in FS

Finally decided on how I'm going to rebuild it as a SS, input off folks about kit would be well received, wheels will stay but forks will be coming off. So far kit list to get will be:

Home Brewed XTR single ring and rear sprocket
NC-17 chain tensioner
KCNC VB6 brake kit (feedback on fit would be good)

Thought I'd do a quick update, been running around on it now for a few months in SS guise quick spec is:

Truvativ Firex cranks with Velosolo 32T ring
Paul chain device (well impressed)
WTB New Paradigm hubs on 217 with 17T cog, Velosolo spacer kit and Halo allen key skewers
Hope OS 70mm stem
RF OS riser bars
Diacompe Tech5 brake levers
Cane Creek Cantis
WTB Grips
2.1Nobby Nics

Will take some pics, but very lively and bugger all weight :LOL: :LOL:

Back