97 cinder cone build

Nice everyone loves a white Kona :)

What travel are the forks 80 or 100? i have a 1997 explosif that's just arrived and was going to put P2s on it as the 100mm forks I have looked a little too choppery.

Hi guys, the price of the respray was £38. Quite a good job. I dont know who done it, but the guy i got to carry out the disc conversion for me was near Fife.

The forks are 120mm, but i have a 60mm stem so that,ll liven the suspension up, if not i have a Reba Team u turn, 85mm to 115mm.

Small update. Got the brakes bled, and roughed up the pads. Also got the bolt unseized on my X9 rear mech (seams to be a common fault) I took it out, sanded it down and the internal part that it sits inside, greased it, then put it back together, hopefully it wont seize again :cool:

Also got a shim for the front mech, so it might fit now.

:cool:

Right guys, couple of updates, the brakes are on, the pads need replaced tho, on the front defo, not too sure about the back yet. The brakes have fresh fluid in. Had to snap one of the tabs off the front brake pads, as it was catching the brake mount.
Put the mech,s on, need a longer bolt for the front mech, as it struggles to reach the threads with the shims in. I have a Ti bolt laying about somewhere so will put that on at some point.
Also put a load of copter tape of the frame.

Off on holidays on thursday to Mallorca so wont be any updates till i get back on the 10th

Dave :cool:

Front brake on
PICT4987.jpg

Rear brake on
PICT4988.jpg

Front and rear X9 mechs on
PICT4992.jpg

As she stands now
PICT4989.jpg

Hi guys, time for an update me thinks. Ok, so i found the chain and cassette that were hiding in my loft.Fitted them, fairly straight forward, but the freehub body is dragging when back-peddaling. So i need to sort that (tommorrows job).

I rode it into work on sunday, wow this thing is awesome!! After work i fitted the front mech cable. Also Fitted the foam grips, they are Ozriders grips from a local riders girlfriend.
PICT5178.jpg

PICT5181.jpg

PICT5191.jpg

Today i Fitted the rear cable, the cable guide under the BB was lost by the guy that did the work on the frame but he did give me a new one, i needed to shave quite a bit of it away to get it to fit tho. Straigtened the mech hanger as it was bent. Also fitted the chainstay protector, had to cut some off it as the tire was catching it. When i got home i put the bottle cage on.
11102010204.jpg

11102010203.jpg

PICT5195.jpg

Jobs to do.
Find that pesky seat clamp
Put new brake pads on
Move reach of levers out
Fix the dragging freehub body
The cranks do rotate freely so have to sort that.
Copter tape it

Cheers
Dave

Looks great Dave.

Im eager to know how it handles on proper trails with the long travel forks mate. Been thinking about getting some 100mm forks for mine :oops:

Well well well.

Nice to see my frame is still going strong! This was the last shot I took of it before it was dismantled thanks to a pcunt in a 4x4 who decided to use me as target practice. I think I sold it to Dave for £17?

Fast forward to Jan this year and the replacement to that, that I restored died (see my build thread).

Anyway - love the colour, not a fan of the forks but each to their own.

Attachments

• n728005013_2078557_935.jpg
    n728005013_2078557_935.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 419
Back