96 Zaskar rebuild with a twist. (Update)

ringo":vbxpc4sf said:
Can't believe it, thought I'd done a really classy job with the decaling... Just noticed the one on the Headtube. How did I manage that - the middle would have been good! :D

Hope I 've got a spare! :?

lol wouldnt have noticed unless you pointed it out!

frame has come up lovely. will look great with the gold lx. good luck finding the hubs

Dave

Got a lead on a LX Gold front wheel... Funds a nightmare, as I've also seen the most perfect set of Pace Evo Pro Class forks... the ones with the gold stanchions...

You sure you don't want that Proflex! :D Got a full new set of decals from Gil for it!

i really do waant the proflex but just had to pay the tax man so skint!!

i really do waant the proflex but just had to pay the tax man so skint!!

pro class forks are the best looking ever imo

ringo":v6r942yh said:
Can't believe it, thought I'd done a really classy job with the decaling... Just noticed the one on the Headtube.

If it make you feel better mine has its original decals
and headtube one isn't straight !

Now if I can JUST make a decision on which ones I can go an talk to Gil.

PS what year are those on yours.

I think these are 93... best bet is send Gil a picture of the style of decal you want and he will send you some proofs to choose from...

Advice please, I've got the LX group, see pic below with Crank fitted...

Now, I really want to put Pace RC 36 Pro Class forks on but am a little concerned the bright Gold of the forks will clash with the duller Gold of the LX...

So the alternative may be Rock Shox FSX... What everyone think?

Nice examples of both are on the 'Bay at the mo!

P1010815.jpg

eBay_dump_03.jpg

1010JudyFSX.jpg

:? :? :?

Had a play around today and mocked up how it's going to look.

Ignore front Forks Pace Evo's don't arrive until Monday...

Rims are going to be Jon's Ceramic 517's (hopefully) laced to LX Gold hubs... Thanks Nick and Mr Greek man!. Gold nipples of course! Tyres will be amberwall Psycho's

USE Post is a bit of a disaster - only 220mm long... Spitoon has offered up a gold post, but might be to many shades of gold to clash!

Pedals are going to be Onza Ti jobbies - possibly sprayed up gold (or even Gold plated.... :D :D :D )

Oh and Gil bless him, sent me a replacement headtube sticker - so it's now in the middle...

P1010845.jpg

P1010846.jpg

P1010847.jpg

more bling than an episode of "the only way is essex"!!

top stuff so far Rich..glad you went for the Pace forks

Back