96 Zaskar Rebuild Thread

Here is the build so far. I will update this as I change things and figure out the proper codes/brands/model names.

Frame: 96 Ink Blue GT Zaskar, 18"

Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Z.4

Headset: FSA DH Pig - Black
Stem: Black Salsa
Handlebar: Silver Axiom flat
Grips: ?
Barends: ?

Brakes: LX
Brake Pads: Koolstop Salmon Canti
Brake Cables: MEC
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano XT Integrated

Shifters: Shimano XT 8 speed integrated
Front Derailleur:
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT M737
Derailleur Cables: MEC
Cassette: Shimano
Chain:
Cranks: Shimano LX
Crank Bolts: Shimano LX
Chainrings: Shimano LX
Chainring bolts: Shimano LX
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Square taper
Pedals: VP Platforms

Hub Skewers: Shimano XT
Rims: Mavic 231
Hubs: Shimano XT Parallax
Nipples: ?
Spokes: DT
Tyres: Kenda Klaw
Tubes: MEC

Saddle: Vetta
Seatpost: Uno
Seatpost Binder: Generic silver quick release

Nothing to show right now, and the weather is too gross for a photo shoot. My new front mech is due on the 6th now (Farking Canada Post) and I'll post some pics when I get the drive train set up.

Re:

Well, I got a nice day a week or so back and took some better photos. Unfortunately events have passed these by and the bike is functional (aside from some much needed fork oil and possibly new seals). I know she's not particularly pretty (especially compared to some recent builds), but this is the best I can do on my budget at present. I'm hoping to replace the stem with a silver Thompson and maybe polish the post - I like the polished components with the dark anno frames. Can't rationalize a new headset either, but I think a silver one would look nice on this frame too.

Anyhow I thought I'd post these us so you could see how she looks. Only difference now is new housing and cables. I really like how she rides now - looking forward to getting her out on the trails ASAP!

Attachments

• zaskar 2.JPG
    zaskar 2.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 272
  • Zaskar 7.JPG
    Zaskar 7.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 272
  • Zaskar 6.JPG
    Zaskar 6.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Zaskar 1.JPG
    Zaskar 1.JPG