96 Saracen Kili Comp

Longun has now got my old Kili Comp that looks like that. Here it is when I had it.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

p2201494largerk6.jpg

That looks identical to my 1994 kili (in sig).

Anyway, great work - looks quality. Did you weigh it as a naked frame? Else could be a traverse etc.

Loving the colour scheme.

coomber":1uhf38bn said:
That looks identical to my 1994 kili (in sig).

Anyway, great work - looks quality. Did you weigh it as a n*ked frame? Else could be a traverse etc.

Loving the colour scheme.

If it is confirmed that the downtube is ribbed then this is not a traverse. ;)

Thanks for the comments chaps, it was on ebay a few months ago and did have a seized seatpost. i spent a good 2 hours filing, heating and twisting it to get it out. Worth the hassle tho. It does habe a couple of small dents in the top tube but once it had the undercoat and top coat on its not very noticable. It has the external butting on the downtube, am only going on what the chap selling it dated it but not fussed about it. It rides great and is going to get some stick over the winter time!

Good to hear it.

Havent been on mine so much since the zaskar was built but if Im going for a long slog it is the bike of choice for me. Lovely ride.

That's tempting - everyone who has one of these Saracens seem to love them, would like to see what the fuss is about...

Back