'95 Ibis mojo handjob Renovation

If you don't use a handjob stop on a bike that comes with one you are committing the most cardinal of sins.

V-brakes nowhere near this, please!

M900 would be nice on this. I'd run the whole group with an M950 RD in the back, so you can pretend you're a NORBA racer trying out a prototype mid-season!
It´s just a cable stop. If you want the superior m950 shifters.. you will run v brakes. Plus m950 looks so good against titanium. The only reason for cantilevers is big tire clearance since they are really annoying whenever you take the wheel off the bike.

It´s just a cable stop. If you want the superior m950 shifters.. you will run v brakes. Plus m950 looks so good against titanium. The only reason for cantilevers is big tire clearance since they are really annoying whenever you take the wheel off the bike.
I love the look of m950 against raw Ti as I did that on my last build but I’m going with m900 for this as I’ve not used it before. Agree about the canti/V brakes issues though

Yeah, or just find another bike to run them on.

It's one the most iconic cable stops of all time!

I love the look of m950 against raw Ti as I did that on my last build but I’m going with m900 for this as I’ve not used it before. Agree about the canti/V brakes issues though

There are no issues. They'll look great, and they'll work just fine once dialed-in! ;)

I've never had a problem removing a wheel with a cantilever brake in my life.

And besides, if someone is problem adverse, they probably shouldn't be building vintage mountain bikes in the first place! ;)

Back