94 Zaskar (first retro build)

Re:

Could you give us a detailed breakdown on the frame refurb?
I'm looking at a polished alloy frame but it's in pretty poor condition. Looks like water has gotten in through damaged lacquer. I'm thinking it might be more than a home diy job to put right.

Re: Re:

enc":31p61y5f said:
I'm looking at a polished alloy frame but it's in pretty poor condition. Looks like water has gotten in through damaged lacquer. I'm thinking it might be more than a home diy job to put right.
All you need to do is strip the lacquer off and then polish the frame with metal polish, its really that simple... But use the search, there are pleny of threads on this topic already :)

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":239z5p7n said:
enc":239z5p7n said:
All you need to do is strip the lacquer off and then polish the frame with metal polish, its really that simple... But use the search, there are pleny of threads on this topic already :)

Pretty much that. Mine took a bit of sanding to get back to good metal but if your frame is lacquered then the metal should be good underneath. Just spend hours with a cloth and some Autosol!

Re:

Not sure that thread's relevant to a '94 Zaskar. Can't post another pic at the mo but you can see the serial number in the pics on the first page.

Back