94 Marin rebuild

sherlylock":2ipnpu4y said:
I read somewhere that there is a Vauxhall colour which is quite close too - Platinum?

Dont know about the Vauxhall colour but lexus/Toyota was perfect. The only difference is the original finish is a satin type laquer but I preferred the full gloss.

Great job - especially nice to see what can be done with a spray can. What did you use for rubbing it down between coats?

ajm":3li07gwo said:
Great job - especially nice to see what can be done with a spray can. What did you use for rubbing it down between coats?

Thanks, I used a mixture of 1500 - 2500 wet n dry. Strangely enough, I havnt Tcut & polished it yet...

Thanks for the info.. I'll need to add some of that to my arsenal then, finest I have is 1200 which would be a bit too vicious I think...

Excellent result. Great looking bike. I have the same year and model but it doesn't look like that! Original paint on mine has lasted very very well. Evertthing works on mine so am leaving be at the moment but when I see pics like yours it gets me thinking!!

Another couple of piccies...

Attachments

• DSCF7036.JPG
    DSCF7036.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 535
  • DSCF7039.JPG
    DSCF7039.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 536
Really liking that shade of blue.. Which brand and shade is it mate? Thinking of spraying my '93 Palisades' bars and stem as i'm a bit fed up with the purple.

A couple of guys have shown interest in the colours so here they are...
They're both Lexus/Toyota
Champagne 587
Blue 8Q1
Both made up in rattle cans by local paint suppliers & painted in the shed
Hope this helps

Back