94 Hei Hei, rider (was: Guess the build from the components)

Guess I need to pull my thumb out, SWMBO has me planting posts for the Purple Martin house and Little Library today :).

Hopefully I'll be able to get stuck in sometime this weekend. Second coat on the fork "alligatored" so I flatted it back with some 600 wet. I'm hoping I can just paint overtop and and avoid restripping.

Cheers, Ted

ted andkilde":30ntmu22 said:
Guess I need to pull my thumb out, SWMBO has me planting posts for the Purple Martin house and Little Library today :).

Hopefully I'll be able to get stuck in sometime this weekend. Second coat on the fork "alligatored" so I flatted it back with some 600 wet. I'm hoping I can just paint overtop and and avoid restripping.

Cheers, Ted

Ack. new coat laid down smooth over the flatted back previous coat, but the rain came before I could hustle it inside. Hopefully it flashed over in the hour or so before the rain hit it. I have a feeling I lack the patience or attention to detail to be a painter :)

Cheers, Ted

Finally getting somewhere, bit of cabling and grips left, also the one inner chainring bolt is waiting on my special order oddball helicoils from Aus.

Cheers, Ted

Attachments

• hh.jpg
    hh.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 399
Frame: 94 Kona Hei Hei (B19602)
Fork: Kona P2
Headset: Chris King
Stem: Raceface Ti
Handlebar: Titec Hellbent Ti
Grips: ESI Chunky
Barends: None
Bell: King Barbell
Cages: King Ti
Brakes: Ritchey Logic
Brake Pads: Koolstop Salmon
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Avid Tri Dangle
Brake Levers: Dia Compe SS-5 MkII
Shifters: XT Thumbies
Front Derailleur: XT M735
Rear Derailleur: Xt M735 short cage
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: XTR
Chain: KMC X8.99 silver
Cranks: Raceface I-Beam
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings:
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket: Raceface
Pedals: Suntour XC Comp
Hub Skewers: Nukeproof Ti
Rims: Mavic 517
Hubs: Syncros Fr/ Hope TiGlide Rr
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: Kenda: Excavator Rr / Slant Six Fr
Tubes: Yes
Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: Syncros Ti
Seatpost Binder: Kona
Weight: 10.5 kg

al-onestare":3qs0fk81 said:
Ok, don't kill me. I'm not feeling those decals on the forks at all.

LOL, that's Ok, I just went with the complete replacement set as supplied by Gil. The non drive side "Kona" is affixed at the perfect angle for small forest mammals to view it as well, I may have Gil send me a new one when I have him make a 94 Altitude set, or suck it up and deal with it. I could have him make up some of the P2 "coat of arms" style fork decals to eyeball, though, TBH, I kind of like the big ones, they hide my pathetic painting skills :).

Got the chain on and the cabling finished today, just needs grips and I'll probably just swipe the I-Beams's off my Blizzard so I can ride this right away instead of waiting for the helicoils to arrive.

Cheers, Ted

Back