'94 GT Zaskar Aqua (all dead photobucket links)

Re:

Hi, I went for the skinnier ones because the rims are narrow, plus I wanted it to look a light as poss. It feels quick but I've not really tried it over a decent distance :cool:

Re:

Whats the grip in the wet like? I assume tread grooves On a bike tyre disperse the water outwards from the tyre, in the same way as a car tyre does

Sean

Re:

Apparently the grip is ok, but I can't really see me using it in the wet anyway, I removed all the decals because they had seen better days, intending to replace them but I reckon it looks ok as it is. Like I said just after some better wheels :cool:

Re: '94 GT Zaskar Aqua Retromod

Having ridden wide slicks (Bontrager Hank 2.2) in the wet quite often, I can tell you that as far as grip goes, there's no difference between a threaded and a full slick. Yes, the threads theoretically help with water dissipation, but the shape of a bike tire and the ratio of weight vs contact patch is so high that even a wide slick will just push its way through any film of water that may be causing cars to aquaplane.

It only looks more dangerous.

Raging_Bulls":3akvysde said:
Having ridden wide slicks (Bontrager Hank 2.2) in the wet quite often, I can tell you that as far as grip goes, there's no difference between a threaded and a full slick. Yes, the threads theoretically help with water dissipation, but the shape of a bike tire and the ratio of weight vs contact patch is so high that even a wide slick will just push its way through any film of water that may be causing cars to aquaplane.

It only looks more dangerous.
cheers for the info, its good to know my search hasnt been limited before its even begun. I might just put some city jets on it and see how i get on, that seems to be what most people do

Bowie":3akvysde said:
I removed all the decals because they had seen better days, intending to replace them but I reckon it looks ok as it is. :cool:
your 'zasqua' wears the clean look pretty well, it doesnt look faded around where the graphics used to be either :)

Sean

Think the onza fork will fit better on one of your ball burnished frame.
You confort my idea of buying some canis :facepalm: , they just look great ;)
I love your bloody GTs ;)

Cheers
Christophe

kikideparis":wr8is5m9 said:
Think the onza fork will fit better on one of your ball burnished frame.
You confort my idea of buying some canis :facepalm: , they just look great ;)
I love your bloody GTs ;)

Cheers
Christophe
I sold both ball burnished bikes, but i do like the all silver look, i built up an orange like that once but i was forever polishing it! Im not a fan of cantilevers to be honest, theyre fiddly to set up and dont work as well as Vs.

Glad you like them, my love of gt frames i think started with this one :)

Attachments

• p5pb6697721.jpg
    p5pb6697721.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 486

SEANSTEPHENS":2yd98uyi said:
I sold both ball burnished bike

Bloody hell, what a pity :( :( was unable to find one...
You just inspired my new project :roll: have to make a thread ;)
If you think about selling the xizang, I'll go crazy...

Regards

kikideparis":20n3gj14 said:
SEANSTEPHENS":20n3gj14 said:
I sold both ball burnished bike

Bloody hell, what a pity :( :( was unable to find one...
You just inspired my new project :roll: have to make a thread ;)
If you think about selling the xizang, I'll go crazy...

Regards
i sold that one too. Wish i didnt, but selling it at the time was an easy profit to make :facepalm:
I actually prefer the aqua zaskar though, but theres nothing like the craftsmanship on that xizang frame.

Back