'93 Zaskar - Bumblebee - Complete 20/8/2010 (page 3)

Zaskar Stickers

Wicked bikes guys.
A pair of Mag 21s have inspired me to restore my Zaskar LE 92. The bike was sitting in my dads shed until a couple of months ago and I've kept it over there whilst doing the project. It was looking quite sweet until my dad thought he was doing me a favour and polished up my frame - AND REMOVED THE ORIGINAL DECALS! I was gutted.

Do you guys know of anyone / anywhere that can get hold of a decent set of Zaskar stickers? I need the set that has the larger ZASKAR on the downtube. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked on eby but the early stickers seem to be quite hard to get hold of.

Cheers, Si

Re: Zaskar Stickers

RETRO-SI":1spqvimb said:
Wicked bikes guys.
A pair of Mag 21s have inspired me to restore my Zaskar LE 92. The bike was sitting in my dads shed until a couple of months ago and I've kept it over there whilst doing the project. It was looking quite sweet until my dad thought he was doing me a favour and polished up my frame - AND REMOVED THE ORIGINAL DECALS! I was gutted.

Do you guys know of anyone / anywhere that can get hold of a decent set of Zaskar stickers? I need the set that has the larger ZASKAR on the downtube. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked on eby but the early stickers seem to be quite hard to get hold of.

Cheers, Si

Hi Si,

For decals, you need to contact a fella on here - username Gil M. He'll have most decals you need, give him a message and I'm sure he'll help you out...
Steve

Re: Zaskar Stickers

RETRO-SI":xauihugm said:
Do you guys know of anyone / anywhere that can get hold of a decent set of Zaskar stickers? I need the set that has the larger ZASKAR on the downtube.

As Steve said, contact gil_m as he has these on file. You'll be looking at £25/30 for a full set. PM him, or email via his website www.thecycleshed.co.uk.

So, there's been a bit of progress since my last post, about a billion years ago :LOL: :LOL: - A yellow ControlTech stem, Yellow Flite, XT seatpost, XT Fr + Rr mechs, Wolder wheels around DX hubs, black/yellow LX canti's, Kore bars, XT thumbies, polished STI brake levers and black LX cranks

So, pics of my 'newly named' Bumblebee Zaskar, and today decals have been applied ;)

I'm loving it...

Attachments

• Zaskar 009 (Small).jpg
    Zaskar 009 (Small).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,117
  • Zaskar 008 (Small).jpg
    Zaskar 008 (Small).jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,117
  • Zaskar 013 (Small).jpg
    Zaskar 013 (Small).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,117
  • Zaskar 012 (Small).jpg
    Zaskar 012 (Small).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,117
more pics.....

Attachments

• Zaskar 004 (Small).jpg
    Zaskar 004 (Small).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,110
  • Zaskar 003 (Small).jpg
    Zaskar 003 (Small).jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,110
Cheers Alex :cool:

The decals should actually be fluro yellow :oops: (I didn't realise this when I bought them) but when they turned up they were more of a lemony yellow, which was perfect for the build :cool: :cool: :LOL: and not a sign of fluro yellow on them anywhere.....phew

All I can say is a big thank you to jimihendrix for re-igniting my passion in Zaskar's, I think it's the size of that beauty that's flicked the switch!

I will head off into to the cellar and see what can be accomplished, I may be some days.......

Back