'93 Zaskar - Bumblebee - Complete 20/8/2010 (page 3)

SYN-CROSSIS":2ihhvugm said:
Hi Steve,
i have polished this for a friend:
Greets Frank

Hi Frank,

Please can you help, by telling me exactly how you polished it, what you used, and how I might be able to maintain a finish like that please?

Steve

(P.S - after a recent business trip to Germany, I am glad that I know what a 'handy' is over there!!!!! :LOL: )

legrandefromage":1xcogcde said:
have something to get you going - mine is 16 year old un-polished patina.

Theres NO differences in the LE badged frames (till around 97 maybe). Mine was bought as an LE frame Mike's Bikes, Cambridge in October 1993 with M730 XT and mag 21.

Its possibly on its 12 rebuild having various guises over the years, now blessed with full M730 from head to toe and some funky Reynolds 531 forks and later decals, my favourite style.

zaskar_in_the_herb_garden_173.jpg

I've spotted that pic on here somewhere before and thought it was rather nice. IT's actually thrown a bit of a spanner in the works for me now, as I can't decide whether to go full rigid or sus front end???

Steve

My old 1992 Zaskar LE. Full M900 with 21's.

Proof that the perfect Zaskar needs 21's ;)

Damn I miss that bike :(

dscn2144_462.jpg

Pickle":ohfw79ny said:
My old 1992 Zaskar LE. Full M900 with 21's.

Proof that the perfect Zaskar needs 21's ;)

Damn I miss that bike :(

dscn2144_462.jpg

Very nice too, and that's the decal set I'll be going for :twisted:

Keep the inspiration coming please people.
Steve

GT-Steve":33rq3s9b said:
SYN-CROSSIS":33rq3s9b said:
Hi Steve,
i have polished this for a friend:
Greets Frank

Hi Frank,

Please can you help, by telling me exactly how you polished it, what you used, and how I might be able to maintain a finish like that please?

Steve

(P.S - after a recent business trip to Germany, I am glad that I know what a 'handy' is over there!!!!! :LOL: )

Hi Steve,
you nedd a set of different discs and waxes, for example like this: http://cgi.ebay.de/Polierset-200-mm-6-T ... 1c07f5fd8d

And a lot of time ;)

Greets Frank

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
GT-Steve":1igzf4ic said:
Keep the inspiration coming please people.
Steve

Here is my contribution!

Attachments

• Onthetrail.jpg
    Onthetrail.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,600
  • controls2.jpg
    controls2.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 2,600
This was my 1990 Zaskar.

I built it as a winter rider, so Indy SL's, LX and DX. The original decals were shot, so I grabbed these 1997 decals quite cheap off ebay.

Built to ride, not for looks this one. My god I enjoyed it, because I was never worried about damaging anything.

dscn1707_212.jpg

Here is my '93 Zaskar LE. ( ok, a tiny 14,5" :D )
This is an older picture, now a total XTR 950 with V-brakes :D and red Flite sadle.
(and a new non retro Race Face carbon seatpost, matching the handlebar)

IMG_1298b.jpg

[/img]

Back