legrandefromage":1jdrr2qt said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Its arrived....

Grease guard hubs....

Specialized Storm control tyre....

Oh Gaaawd.. A Smoke Lite!

XC pro pedals!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

But, but... that's good right?

I knew someone BITD with one of those, and it was hammered, and always came back for more. Made cool by Cullinan indeed, and the Diamond Back version looked the part - I might have the catalogue tucked away somewhere...

This looks like it was hung up in a garage some time ago and simply forgotten about, frame would have been unmarked too if hadnt been for a packaging howler of laying the bars against the frame... Its only a scratch and not too deep - no dents.

I was more than a bit surprised to find the frame is anodised - the bike not seeing the summer for many years has kept both the blue and black dyes in very good original colours.

Forks still had air and could be pumped up with a Zefal, the rear shock, I dont think a tyre pump will do the correct PSI - any assistance greatly appreciated here.

Drive train is and almost complete Suntour XC Pro microdrive. I havent seen this in the flesh for nearly two decades. Suntours' last stand before Shimano took it all. Sadly missing the front mech but the STX supplied looks the part for now. Rear mech is a great find with its labels still on.

The grease guard BB is dead as unfortunately its been ridden loose and has badly groove on ecup - however, it can be saved. So for now there is a UN52 in its place.

Chainset looks great from the drive side and has the usual chainsuck marks on the inside but I doubt the whole bike has covered more than a few hundred miles at the most.

Have some pics

Attachments

• Suntour XC Pro.jpg
    Suntour XC Pro.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 4,067
  • Suntour XC Pro chainset.jpg
    Suntour XC Pro chainset.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 4,190
  • Rudy Project Verlicchi.jpg
    Rudy Project Verlicchi.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 4,192
some more

Attachments

• verlicchi cockpit.jpg
    verlicchi cockpit.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 4,190
  • verlicchi bits.jpg
    verlicchi bits.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 4,064
  • more verlicchi.jpg
    more verlicchi.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4,064
Looks the part!

There's some details on the Verlicchi/Iron Horse bikes here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=81309

It includes the later Kona models as well. I have a vague memory of going to a petrol station with an Iron Horse and an early LTS (with an Alps shock) to pump them up. Might've been to get some choccy milk and a packet of Hob Nobs though...

Ice blue cool. Suntour groupset is nice isn't it? Works surprisingly well, just give it a try. Shame about BB.

Nice :)

You'll need a proper shock pump for the rear shock, it probably needs about 200psi in it.

Latest posts

Back