For Sale '92-94 San Andreas Frame For Sale

Re: '95 FSR or '91/2 San An For Sale

Brushed finish too... also a 94 feature. It was pointed out on my sanny thread. Also that MC didn't date stamp frames... I'm just passing on what I've been told, but i'm 99.9% sure mine is a 93/4.

Whatdoes the sticker on the seat mast say?

Thanks for the intell - happy to accept your information and will adjust the sale accordingly. Do we have any idea when the first normally-distributed (ie. not privately imported) San An might have hit UK or european shores?

mrkawasaki":3otl6p8i said:
Thanks for the intell - happy to accept your information and will adjust the sale accordingly. Do we have any idea when the first normally-distributed (ie. not privately imported) San An might have hit UK or european shores?

Not my information, It was offered in my Sanny thread, but when I checked, it all added up.

I know mine was a personal import to the UK around 1995/6. (first owner was a Californian).

Re: '95 FSR or '92-94 San An For Sale

Iirc Paul either watched his get made or helped make it, he did tell me at the malverns but had beer and everything else after haha. I’d love the fsr but have way too many already......

Just Wrong... :evil: :evil: :evil: :facepalm:

MattLWFS12.png

He obviously has skills, so not sure why he didnt fabricate the whole mainframe and preserve the original so it could be reversed :?

Re:

Not wanting to be an arse about this Stevie, and I may well be wrong, but I think you might be giving too much weight to the postings of one forum member on your build thread...

I suspect the frame numbers may well give significance, and would go along more with details inherent in both yousr and Neil's frames.

Quotes from your build thread:

• "92 - 1 frame kit - frame, suspenders, hubs, prostops"

• "As with all bike releases, even to this day, the 94 model was released late 93 so the original owner could well have bought it in 93
I really like the 94 due to the rare graphics and it's really cool to see an original survivor!"

• "94 - the "R series" with new style decals, lighter frame. Available in white or brushed finish. "R8.0" frame only. "R8.2" frame, onza mogo, mag 21. "R8.4" frame, suspenders, front prostop, matching ano seat tower. "R8.6" frame, suspenders, prostops f&r, matching ano seat tower."

You are going by their word that yours is a '94 - as I've said to you previously, I think it's earlier.

This frame originally came with ProStop / MC branded Pulstar hubs, which were certainly not around in '94, and the early issue of the ProStop callipers and rotors. They were sold separately as Neil didn't want them, and he wanted to use the later Terminator shock instead the original elastomer one.

I think the poster in your thread incorrectly refers to a 'brushed' finish as a painted finish - later frames had mat painted towers, but I don't think that's a catch-all.

Without polluting Neil's sales thread, I'm pretty happy to stand by what I've said so far - unless there's some genuine proof to the contrary. Later frames had the swing arm mount with 'in-line' clamps for example, unlike the early ones which have them facing up - as we have here.

Decals may be later, but I'm pretty certain it's an early frame and haven't been shown owt thus far to show otherwise... :)

As I've said before [and twice now in this post!] I'm fairly sure your own SanAn is not a '94 but a first series from a few years earlier.

Anyway, Neil. GLWS. x

Anyone interested in either of these fine steeds for christmas?!

Back