Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
New Year, new project plan. I want to build myself up a descent winter ride/touring machine. With all the joy of a relaxed steel frame but with a wide more modern indexed drive train.
So I'm in the market for a large (23" or 24") 531st Dalesman or Regent, something from post 1996 as I'm pretty sure that's when they upped the rear spacing. pretty much any condition considered. frame or complete bike.
Scan_0065.jpg

I'm a new member to this forum due to the fact that I was searching for information about Claud Butler Dalesman bikes. I have one, which I am aiming to sell soon. Sadly it's older than the one you are looking for, being built in around 1983/4. The rear end will be too narrow (6 speed, about 126mm), though it could be widened. I've never really been keen on doing that, having done it on a Holdsworth Avanti of the same age many years ago.
Hope you find what you're looking for.

Last edited:
I have a claud butler frame size 58cm Seat Tube 56cm Top Tube
Will build up with modern groupset
Mudguard eyelets
Frame number 000006
Inc headset

Attachments

• IMG_20210614_111250.jpg
    IMG_20210614_111250.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 27
I have a claud butler frame size 58cm Seat Tube 56cm Top Tube
Will build up with modern groupset
Mudguard eyelets
Frame number 000006
Inc headset
Very nice, but why have you posted a picture of a 1959 Holdsworth Claud on my 90's Touring Falcon Claud wanted thread?

Still looking

I have an Orbit Harrier touring bike (I know it's not a Claud Butler), but it's a quality British built bike in really lovely condition. Reynolds 631 tubing. Seat tube is 60cm (23.5"), top tube is 59.5cm (23.4") centre to centre. Recent full renovation including full professional re-spray; 27 speed Ultegra, triple chainset, all the braze-ons you'd ever need etc. PM me your e-mail address for full spec and photos if you're interested.

I’m thinking I might rename this thread “Wanted - Anything but a late 90’s Claud Butler Dalesman/Regent”
The reverse psychology might just get me what I actually want! 😀

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back