Wanted '90-'93 frameset 21" or 22"

setspeed

Retro Guru
I'm half looking for a period correct frameset to hang a mint Deore DX groupset off of, therefore needs to be 1990 to 1993.
I'm tall, so it needs to be big, with at least 23" to 24" top tube length and ideally a pretty long head tube as well.
I would like an alloy frame (maybe a Cannondale?) as I already have a few steel ones. Unless of course it's something out of the ordinary that I couldn't turn down? Would love an Alpinestars Al-Mega, Rocky Mountain (alloy or steel), or what have you got? Ideally not too expensive, but with good condition paintwork. Although would consider one that needs a repaint if the price was right. I've always fancied an E-stay as well.
I'm aware that this is all very vague!
What's out there?

Last edited:
¡Mira lo que acabo de encontrar en Wallapop!
bici btt alpinestars

A friend of mine just has the exact bike you're after. It's an Al-mega dx e-stay, "22,5, good condition and price around 90£. But i guess it should be collected from Hungary.
chrome_screenshot_1669144515419.png

Last edited:
Other than custom, marin have the longest headtubes and very long top tubes. 180mm / 600mm.. on an xl 20.5" c to c frame.

Xl 94/94 Bear valley se frame on ebay for £25 at the moment posted!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back