87 Saracen Kili-Flyer Sold

Re: 87 Saracen Kili-Flyer + 89 Muddyfox Courier Comp Reduced

drcarlos":304n962f said:
As I have been offered something else in a more appropriate size I have decided to let this one go.
It's been in the family since about 1991 when it was bought from a friend who sold it as a 'Saracen' that he had repainted but we had no idea of the model. It was my dads and only ridden about 3 times, languishing in the garage and then in his shed for 20 years unridden.
This is where I came in setting him up with a more correctly sized bike a couple of years ago so I decided to find out when the 'Saracen' was and possibly restore it.
All the pictures and build details are in the build thread on page 2 here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 4#p1903854 with the pictures of the resto on both pages.

Since it's been restored it has only been ridden once to the park.
Defect wise it is nearly perfect with a small chip to the powder coat on the stem and the sidewalls of the tyres are a bit crusty (but they hold pressure fine and there are no splits), the components are all in good condition used or refurbed condition and everything works as it should.
Size is 21" c-c so not massive for the time and I can ride it (i'm 5' 10") it would be more suited to someone 6' to give a bit of clearance.
This cost me a fair bit to put together and I would like to see it go whole. Sold for £160.

Also up for sale is my 1989 Muddyfox Courier Comp put this together with a solid frame (paint is not wonderful but it's not too bad, the driveside chainstay is bald but covered with a neoprene skin and there is a patch on the wishbone that is gone, plus other chips but a repaint was out of the question as i'd never be able to get the same finish) with the rarer chainstay u-brake. Groupset is a full 1989 Mountain LX setup (not the usual mix with Exage country and other cheap parts), including good condition Biopace HP rings, silver cassette and an LX hub/Araya rim combo. Only things not included from the picture will be the Griptrax tyres as they belong with my Sorcerer and not this bike (the will be a set of decent Maxis ignitors in their place) and the WTB Saddle (Bike is currently fitted with a Muddyfox branded Viscount which will be included. Price wise I'm after £65 collected or £95 shipped.
Build thread and pictures are here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;start=10

Payment is via paypal gift or with buyer paying the fees.

Carl.

Re: 87 Saracen Kili-Flyer + 89 Muddyfox Courier Comp Reduced

Reduced Muddyfox got to be better than a BSO.

Carl.

Back