80's lugged 531? bike Brooks conquest Sugino + karma stuff

narcotitlan

Rocky Mountain Fan
As promised here's the 80's steed for sale, some of you may have seen it before :)

I'm now looking for £245 with the Brooks saddle or £215 with a Turbo saddle which almost covers the original sale price (£100) plus new parts/bike shop labour.

Buyer also welcome to SR adjustable leanback seatpost that came with bike though it has no means to adjust level of seat.
8252408368_75bfcb7461_m.jpg

8252409236_17b409704a_m.jpg

8252414158_0ec8cce679_m.jpg

8252415270_61c3011a4f_m.jpg

8251347109_b5bcc1654e_m.jpg

More pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57765867@N04/8251338485/in/photostream/
Unknown but high quality lugged steel frame, 531 standard.
22" seat tube, centre - top
23 top tube, centre - centre
Stand over height - 32"
SR MTS-100 slingshot stem, chrome bars
Araya CV7 26 x 1.5 concave rims, stainless spokes, exage hubs
Sugino PX 170mm crankset,
XLC (suntour copies) beartrap pedals
Suntour XC gear levers
Sachs Huret New Success derailleurs
Dia Compe brake levers, Dia Compe 980 cantilevers
SR seatpost with Brooks Conquest All Terrain saddle
Tange Levin chrome Mountain Bike headset

Headset professionally regreased, new gear cables, correct TA/Stronglight chainring spacers and bolts, new Suntour gear lever sleeves. 531 decals, grips.

Yes it's a gate but has more or less road bike geometry, set up to fit someone 5' 10" with 32" inside leg. Gears work well, numerous paint chips, bike's been resprayed at some point, but still looks pretty nice IMHO, no dings. left fork leg springs out slightly when the wheel's taken off but doesn't effect riding. Bit of chrome loss on bars but they still look ok. Tyres cracked but rideable.

Free stuff:
SR mts 120 nice unused quill stem basically this model:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-SR-...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

lots of shimano exage stuff, mostly a bit plasticky, cantilevers, rear mech, brake/thumbshifters.

2 x sprung comfort saddles, pics on request

old Shimano cast bmx style platform pedals, seen better days but ok for a beater!

Everything for collection only near Camden, North London[/b]

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Number on bottom bracket looks something like N4P8505, There might be another letter before the 'N'

yep no probs, probably be about £3.50, if you're up for paying that then send me a message with your address, cheers

hi, sorry but this bike just annoys me. it was on ebay for a long time at £100.00. or best offer. However as always value is a personal thing. :shock:
IMO it's a raleigh supermaverick. its not 531 it unknown japanese cro mo tubing. Why do i think this, because it's the same as mine and my frame number is N4P8346.and the forks are wrecked. someones straightened them for gods sake! I am suprised that the buyer has been able to find the correct bolts for a sugino px crankset, they were missing on ebay and on the ebay description the back rim was knackered (araya rims on suzue hubs). Rant over.

edit - ah yes i see you have changed the wheels and fitted "some" bolts...
Good luck with your sale/purchase.

Don't worry unclejack, I won't take it personally that you messed my sale thread without bothering to properly read it, or that you think I'm lying about the chainring bolts or something - nice guy, maybe try starting yoga ;)

Getting the bike back on the road was a rescue mission project, this was never gonna be a rider, when I got it the wheels were shot, saddle a sofa, post buggered, headset dry, cables rusty, levers missing a rubber and pedals dead.

Right now the bike is perfectly rideable though you might wanna replace the old tyres.

As to price, the buyer could sell on all the components and easily get back the sale price and be left with a decent frame with perfectly useable forks. Pretty much everything on the bike is rare and quality.
If no-one is interested here in the bike as a whole then I'll do so myself. It'd be a bit of a pity though IMHO.

The chainring bolts and spacers are as i said from a TA cyclotouriste chainset and are correct for the sugino px, indeed the px was basically a TA spin off.

good im glad you didn't takw it personally. i still maintain though that those forks started off looking like these...

Attachments

• _KGrHqN_h8E-tBqZ0uTBPzi3jo3H_60_3.jpeg
    _KGrHqN_h8E-tBqZ0uTBPzi3jo3H_60_3.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 689
Back