Wanted 8.75x2.75 dhx/vanRC or similar or better (spring not air)

It’s for a 10 year old bike so something from around 2007/8 to 2013/14 would be ok but really not too bothered as long as it’s in good condition and works

It’s running a vanR at mo which gets a thrashing and has developed a slight notch/click when the stroke direction changes which when everything else is tight on the bike you can hear resonate through the frame

could do with a slight upgrade to something that has a bit more control

I don’t see much point in getting it serviced which would prob cost close to a 100 as it works fine otherwise and can keep as a spare

So budget wise 100-150 would be ideal but might spend a little more if it’s worth it

I ve run lots of different makes of front squish but only ever had fox on the rears as just what came on previous bikes but willing to try others as long as they are reliable as fox or better

Hmm maybe interested in a CR I am a bit wary of new stuff build quality isnt what it used to be - also would mainly always buy second hand as I know it’s been ridden and any problems/defects/niggles have been found usually (if the sellers being honest)

I am a bit finicky about my big bike as I do do some silly’s on it and check it over before every ride had some of my worst injuries from mechanicals so everything mech wise has to be spot on on that bike

'Cause there's the Marzocchi bomber CR in that size.
I have one but it's not really for sale (yet, not until I check the new shock and ride it).
Let me know if you decide to shift it, I am not in a massive rush as the van is holding up at mo, I used to run dhx and liked them with the air top up, I ran a 450 spring with not much top up for the tech then boosted the top up to its limit and it felt like a 550/600 spring for going big, the CR is basically a VanRC now isn’t it

I think so.

The size is correct, but I haven't decided whether I'm selling it yet.
It's basically as new, has only been tested for sag, never ridden, still have the box it came in.
I read somewhere it would lower the BB, and it has, but the rear feels a bit strange now (the sitting position), so I dunno whether to keep it or not.
It would be a while as I have to compare it to the original 9.5x3.0 and I haven't even ordered that yet, then it'll take a month to arrive, another few months to test. Could be up for sale by my winter (your summer)
I'll let you know.

no worries give me a shout when u decide

where are u based

going from 9.5 to a 8.75 is quite a difference what bike are u working on maybe a 9 x 3 stroke might be better u ll still get some extra slack and tighten the back end but might not change the feel and seat angle as drastic

Latest posts

Back