5th element shock manual

VGmad

Retro Newbie
Hi sorry if this is in the wrong catagory

is they anyone on here that can point me in the direction of a 5th element shock manual . i just bought a bike with one of these shocks and love it id just like to have the manual incase i need to adjust anything

Thanks for any help

295184706_5340467229351675_4854375007711566_n.jpg
(bike in question )

Hey I got one of those bikes too, mine's red tho - don't the kickback from the pedals when the rear suspension bounces annoy you? Other than that great bike indeed.

The shock, the unofficial rule is that red knob is your rebound and blue is compression (most fork manufacturers abide by this as well actually, just makes things easier for the riders). Turning either one in (clockwise) will increase damping of the respective circuit. Do you have any other adjustment knobs available on this shock?

Last edited:
Hey I got one of those bikes too, mine's red tho - don't the kickback from the pedals when the rear suspension bounces back up annoy you? Other than that great bike indeed.

The shock, the unofficial rule is that red knob is your rebound and blue is compression (most fork manufacturers abide by this as well actually, just makes things easier for the riders). Turning either one in (clockwise) will increase damping of the respective circuit. Do you have any other adjustment knobs available on this shock?
Hi thanks for the reply . ive got a air pressure valve and 2 blue compression screws .

As for kickback i dont really experience it or maybe just dont care enough to notice it that much . ill sure keep a eye out next ride as its something i should be keeping a eye of , it may be that the shock is really really smooth so kickback might be lessened

The kickback ain't cause of the shock, it's cause as the swingarm goes up it moves the rear axle away from the cranks thus tugging on the chain which in turn wants to rotate the cranks back a bit which feels as the pedals kicking against your feet. Orange redid the design later and because their pivot got moved closer to the cranks that pedal kickback is supposedly greatly reduced. Honestly I only noticed it cause I usually ride a Kona Stinky with is a multi-link rear suspension that works differently, I think once going down the trails it ain't no big deal as you're constantly being jarred by the terrain anyway.

Back