54cm Langdale Lightweights TT frameset for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

onegoodbike

Merlin Fan
Feedback
View
Hi,

the time has come for this frameset to vacate the shed, so if you fancy building up an early 80's TT bike through the dark months of winter this could be just the ticket?.

I dropped Langdale's an email hoping they might still hold some info on the original build, but I've heard nowt back, so I'm not sure of the tubing type, but it is light for steel.

I'm pretty confident it is what it says on the tin, a Langdale Lightweights built by B.E. 'pinky' Green. The paintwork is probably best described as ok, it has some chips and scratches especially around the rear dropouts, I've tried to show both the good and bad bits in the photos, but if you want more let me know. There are no knocks or dings.

The front and rear dropouts are Campagnolo (the rear portacatena one is how I'm dating the bike to the early 80's), the rear brake bridge is a Gipiemme example which takes a slightly larger rear brake fixing nut (this will be supplied) and the cast bottom bracket shell is marked EQ?. Both the frame and forks are stamped 8516. It has nice lugwork and shot-in/fastback rear stays.

The frameset is designed to run a single chainring at the front and the braze-on is positioned in the centre of the down tube for aero effect, there is a small tube through the downtube to take the rear derailleur cable. The rear brake cable is routed through the top tube, I've put a bit of old cable outer in to help guide the new cables through.

measurements.

Top tube. 55.5cm C-C
Seat tube. 54cm C-T
Seat tube I.D. 27.2mm
Crown Race O.D. 26.4mm
Front OLN. 101mm
Rear OLN. 128mm
Forks weight. 631g
Frame Weight. 1796g (as pictured with bolts and brake cable outer)
Fork thread. British
B/B thread. British

Think that about covers it, if you want any more info or I've left something important out, drop me a line. I've got a sturdy bike box so I'm happy to post, but collection is fine from Bury St Edmunds if you prefer.

.........now for sale elsewhere...........

Attachments

• pic 7.jpg
    pic 7.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,170
  • pic 6.jpg
    pic 6.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,170
  • pic 5.jpg
    pic 5.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,170
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,169
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,169
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,170
  • pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,170
Re:

.....some pictures with 700c wheels fitted, tyres are 23mm.

Matt

Attachments

• pic 10.jpg
    pic 10.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,079
  • pic 9.jpg
    pic 9.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,079
  • pic 8.jpg
    pic 8.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,079
Status