54cm Geoffrey Butler full bike REDUCED now only £150!

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
Nice Geoffrey Butler in Reynolds 500 tubing. 54cm centre to top and c to c on top tube.

Plenty of scratches and fade to the paint but no dents or dings,

All working well - brand new inner and outer Shimano SLR brake cables, brand new Deda tape.

Spec as follows:

Simplex retrofriction downtube shifters (very nice indeed!)
SR Sakae chainset, 34-50 rings
Mavic MA3 rims in v nice condition on Shimano hubs (not sure what model they are) - Gatorskins with plenty of life left
Sora rear mech
Ultegra front mech
Raleigh branded bars and stem
Shimano SLR brake levers
Not sure what the brake callipers are - they look like the old Modolo designs but are not branded as such
Shimano 600 AX seatpost (please be aware this is cut v short)
Selcof saddle, virtually new
Shown with spd pedals but can fit flats for the same price or some SPD-SLs for £10 extra

It's all running well - brakes are great given new quality cables. Headset needs new bearings, which I've ordered and will fit before I send it out.

I'm only after £170 ono Collection from Delamere in Cheshire preferred

IMG_1307_2 by velocipede65, on Flickr

IMG_1308_2 by velocipede65, on Flickr

Untitled by velocipede65, on Flickr

IMG_1311_2 by velocipede65, on Flickr

IMG_1312_2 by velocipede65, on Flickr

IMG_1318_2 by velocipede65, on Flickr

Re: 54cm Geoffrey Butler full bike REDUCED to just £160

Fitted a new UN52 sealed cartridge BB last night so now running super smooth…...

Those Simplex SLJ downtube shifters are a real gem. They are among the best friction shifters out there.

Very sensibly priced full bike, shame is too small for a friend of mine :/ good luck with the sale!

Re:

Are you sure thats not reynolds 531 tubing? cut out long lugs look nice usually on higher spec tubing?

@anidel - yes, the shifters are really nice - I was tempted to keep them!!

@tokaicarl - the badge is 500 but i agree with you, the lugwork says better! Interestingly, the seat tube is reamed out to 27.2mm and the reaming is relatively short, so not a huge amount of seat post adjustment….perhaps 26.8mm to begin with, which I think reinforces the fact that it's not 531….a lot of effort has gone into its construction though & definitely not just thrown together

I travel a lot down the M6/A50 between Cheshire and Leicestershire and happy to meet/drop off along the route if that works for someone??

Back