Sorted 531 forks wanted. (Or similar)

Sir Neil d'Menture

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm after a pair of 531 forks. Late 80's or early 90's vintage.
Long steerer tube is a must - I need 210mm.
Deffo no lamp bracket and preferably no mudguard lugs.
Could be persuaded to go with Columbus if everything else fits.
I'm trying to restore/refurb an old Ribble road bike of that era.
WHY?

Pretty sure I’ll have a pair or two to choose from; do you have any preference of colour/chrome?
Thanks, sounds good.
I'm undecided about colour. The frame is Telecom Purple so I either spray the forks to match - if I can find the right RAL - or spray them black or go for chrome. I've a few options. I'm tempted by chrome if it's in good condition, but would that spoil the look of the bike? Guess it depends on the style of fork.
Maybe a couple of photos would help.

I’ll ping some photos over on
Thanks, sounds good.
I'm undecided about colour. The frame is Telecom Purple so I either spray the forks to match - if I can find the right RAL - or spray them black or go for chrome. I've a few options. I'm tempted by chrome if it's in good condition, but would that spoil the look of the bike? Guess it depends on the style of fork.
Maybe a couple of photos would help.
I’ll ping some photos over on Monday when I’ve dug them out. Definitely got black and green with 210+ steerer and might also have some chrome ones.

0657B46B-D899-47AE-A9EE-A85505CD5B69.jpeg
L-R

Black Fuji Tange with 240mm steerer. Pretty sure they’re for 27 x 1 1/4 wheels though

Green Dawes 531 with 245mm steerer. Late 70s going by the decals. A pretty shallow rake so more racing than touring style

Blue unknown maker with 211mm steerer and Campagnolo dropouts. Couple of extra bosses that could be removed pre-respray

CA8DBD7B-2DA5-4C0F-8D09-798EB7074770.jpeg

Back