Wanted 40s/50s/60s style quill stem ~85mm reach 25,4 bar clamp

mustAfa

Dirt Disciple
I have a touring bike built on a 40s/50s french touring frame and it is need of a new stem. I wish to use modern Nitto bars so bar clamp should be 25,4. The quill can be 22,0 or 22,2 i can sand it down if needed. Reach should be 75-90mm. The era does not need te correct but i would not want to use a 70s-onwards Cinelli 1A racing style or the like...

Preferably a special steel one or then a quality aluminium one. I have a bunch of old AVA stems that im not too eager to use as they are known to be prone of cracking and i intend to use the bike heavily.

Im located in Helsinki, Finland.

Thanks in advance!

I have a Major Taylor adjustable steel stem I can offer. It's a very sturdy bit of kit, and of course was favoured by track riders in it's day. Cosmetically though, it's not great and I think it's nickel plated and plenty worn. Can send pics.

I have a Major Taylor adjustable steel stem I can offer. It's a very sturdy bit of kit, and of course was favoured by track riders in it's day. Cosmetically though, it's not great and I think it's nickel plated and plenty worn. Can send pics.
Hi, im not really keen on the adjustable one as it probably adds weight and is superfluos in this project. Thank you for the offer anyway!

The Cinelli is a bit too pricey and a tad long as well.

I was looking at some (Philippe) Milremo stems and one of those would fit perfectly. Will check some on ebay as well.
1645880512904.png

R
Hi, im not really keen on the adjustable one as it probably adds weight and is superfluos in this project. Thank you for the offer anyway!

The Cinelli is a bit too pricey and a tad long as well.

I was looking at some (Philippe) Milremo stems and one of those would fit perfectly. Will check some on ebay as well.
View attachment 606950
Righto, it's certainly a bit weighty. But since you mention Milremo stems, I'm pretty certain I have one of those somewhere. Unless of course you've already decided on the one you've found on ebay, let me know.

R

Righto, it's certainly a bit weighty. But since you mention Milremo stems, I'm pretty certain I have one of those somewhere. Unless of course you've already decided on the one you've found on ebay, let me know.
Thanks im now bidding on one so lets see how that goes. Ill get back atcha in a few days is if this doesnt work out!

Back