3 Peaks - Retrobike Team Entered!

superstrong":2iog5sne said:
I managed 8th. kev and gus were spotted comin into the finish - all in one piece - i think.
superstrong

Well done Geoff. Great ride/run ;)

Cannot speak for Gus but I was physically and mentally broken at the end.

But I'll be back next year :)

My mate (non RetroBike) came in 6th in the Male Vets with a 3:27:45, dunno if he was pleased with that or not (waiting to hear from him).

The results show DNF for Gus and Kev, is that correct?

kev & gus -
hope ur feeling as battered as i am!
theres a report on bc website. rob jebb switched bikes for each road section. could have done with no bike for the uphills, an xc mtb, a dh mtb and time trial bike i reckon. the only bike thats totally useless for such an event is the cyclo-cross bike.

superstrong":36c2ka74 said:
kev & gus -
theres a report on bc website. rob jebb switched bikes for each road section. could have done with no bike for the uphills, an xc mtb, a dh mtb and time trial bike i reckon. the only bike thats totally useless for such an event is the cyclo-cross bike.

is that allowed to change bike ?

Well done Superstrong!! I was well chuffed when I saw a retrobiker finish in the top ten.

I went to support my mate he came in at 5.05... damn good for a first effort & he's 44 too :shock:

Very good event, respect to all those who had-a-go :D

yes its allowed, but it must be a cyclo-cross bike. there are regulations concerning what a 'cross bike is - i think these are pushed to the limit in some cases! id be much quicker with narrower cyclo-cross semi-slick tyres for the road but ive seen people get to the hills and their helper has not been there with the spare bike! in the end i had 3 helpers, 1 with a set of spare wheels and bottles, 1 with a wheel and bottles and birdman primed to heckle.

superstrong":141ajff1 said:
kev & gus -

I am feeling battered. But am going to give my legs a spin out tonight as I have Dusk2Dawn next weekend!

Still disappointed with my performance yesterday. I'll be much better prepared next year. My bike, kit, tyres etc were all fine. Just need some bigger hills to practice running/walking up and down.

I was fine on the rideable sections.

Well done Jeff.

I loved it. All of it. Geniunely. Was gutted we missed the cut off and made it a 2 peaks rather that 3 peaks. I was well up for the last one and could definately have done it. All be it slowly. Especially loved the sheer face cliff climbs with bike on shoulder. We carried the spirit of EdEdwards in our souls.

Thanks to Kev and Chris for being good team mates. Mrs Wu and StevePSD for being great support hecklers/ vest carry'ers. And Thanks to Gil for looking out for us on a hill we never made.

Absolutely loved it. Could have and would have done it all. But happy we did it anyway.

Back