3 Mobile

claret73

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Anybody on a 3 Contract? Currently on O2 which I've found to be fine. Never yet needed to hassle the call centre. I've got a 3 Mobile Dongle which I've used in the South West OK, but considering switching to 3 due to a decent cash back deal on an IPhone. Had no major issues with the 3 Dongle, just trying to gauge any reviews that are impartial as to reliability of service connection for mobile & broadband from a Smartphone.

Did a check for Masts around the South West to see what they have. Coverage isn't too bad so it seems. But what's the difference between GSM, UMTS & Tetra Technology that the masts use?

The beloved wife is on them. SHe hates them. Poor reception to many times. But every time she goes to leave they give her extra and cut the price so stays with them :LOL:

I'm happy with Orange. Mobile phone companies are like estate agents, wouldn't trust as far as i could throw

Coverage is either very good with fast internet or terrible. I've been with them a few years and the deals keep getting cheaper and cheaper.

I'm currently on a 3000 minutes, 3000 text and 1gb data for £25 a month. Got a fairly OK Sony Ericsson to start with, then a Samsung Galaxy Pro for free last July.

I have had no other issues with them other than coverage now and again out in the sticks.

Their Asian based call centre people are always very polite and very helpful and dont pressure you into anything you dont really want.

I was on Vodafone for many years but never really got the same sort of feedback I currently get with 3.

I have £90 of contracts over 3 phones with 3.

They have given me no problems besides a lack of telling me about a policy change. 3 months early upgrade changed to 1 :(

Was on them for a good while but where I live you cannot call a Vodafone number or be called by one which IMO is pretty useless especially when our work mobiles are Voda.

BertR00t":3haivl86 said:
Was on them for a good while but where I live you cannot call a Vodafone number or be called by one which IMO is pretty useless especially when our work mobiles are Voda.
Sounds completely bizarre.

So on 3 (where you live) and what happens if you try and phone a vodafone mobile, and what happens if somebody tries the call the other way around?

Is that a big fault, or something they won't / can't do anything about?

I am an iPhone convert to Android. I dont have any experience with 3, but I would say dont let the iPhone be a big part in swaying you over. The Samsung, and HTC phones, if you ask me, are cheaper and just as good if not better than an iPhone.

I get on with my Galaxy S2 like a house on fire!

Did a check for Masts around the South West to see what they have. Coverage isn't too bad so it seems. But what's the difference between GSM, UMTS & Tetra Technology that the masts use?

GSM & UMTS is relevant to mobile phones, Tetra is the emergency services network.
3 have their own UMTS network and it's supposed to be the fastest, however coverage is limited in comparison to the other providers and they actually use the T-Mobile GSM network (but not the Tmobile UMTS network) as a fallback where their own UMTS is not available, not sure if you get to use the Orange GSM network on 3 like you do as a regular T customer.

Carl.

Appreciate all the replies chaps!!! ;)
Just need to run a couple of questions by them with regards to roaming as looks like I may be floating about off shore in the short term with travel.

Only reason I'm going with Apple is I use Apple for my Work, so helps to be on a similar song sheet. No way jumping on the IPhone Wagon...

Back