2x Raleigh 531 frames and forks *ended*

Yellow_Peril

Old School Hero
Hi folks

Got a couple of frames that are surplus to my needs and need too much work for me to get them as I like them!

1 x Raleigh 'Richmond' frame and fork (for 27inch wheels) 531 Reynolds butted, Rear spacing 122mm as measured on my calipers. Head tube has a dent on the front and the top of the tube beneath the remaining headset cup looks on the piss to me. Needs a new headtube I reckon. Someone has painted some black paint on which seems to be pretty nasty stuff but has kept much of the rust at bay! Including BB axle and cups as they are in good condition (singlespeed spacing) £45 collected.

1 x Raleigh 'Royal' frame and fork. I stripped this one down with the intention of renovating it and becoming a Europe tourer (my Randonneur is my winter trainer, or so I keep saying in order to justify more bikes)! Little did I realise that the rear spacing is 130mm. No use for me, as I don't want to cold set it, and all my bits are 126mm. Therefore it has got to go! £75 collected.

I have a Raleigh Pulsar free to a good home to the first one who buys one of the above ifyou want it. Frame and fork are pretty good, but the rest of the bike has been butchered for spares, and/or are buggered beyond use. Derailleurs seem ok (Sachs Huret). Photos on request.

I am in Telford and can deliver within 20 miles, or meet somewhere nearby. Get in touch by PM if you want to. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 521
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 521
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 521
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 522
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 521
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 518
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 514
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 514
Re: 2x Raleigh 531 frames and forks

Hi GPW,
The Royal is 23 inches (measured from the bottom of the BB to the top of the seat tube- not sure if you are supposed to measure from the centre axis of the BB)

The Richmond is 24 inches, measured as above.

The Royal feels the same as my Randonneur- for a tourer they have a good sporty geometry. Plus the vertical dropouts stop people turning them into fixies :)

Any questions just ask.

Re: 2x Raleigh 531 frames and forks *revised price*!

Raleigh 'Richmond' now 30 quid collected.

Will swap the 'Royal' for a Dawes Kingpin in decent nick :)

Re: 2x Raleigh 531 frames and forks

Bump and price drop:
Royal 60 quid collected. I have measured the seat tube from the highest point on the seat post to the centre of the BB and it is 22.5". The top tube centre to centre is 22". Seat tube takes a 27.2mm post by the way. Remember this is spaced 130mm not the original 126mm!

Richmond 20 quid collected

Back