29ers and wind

Remembering my mates mtb "back in the day" with one of them full rear wheel disc covers.

Loved the wind it did.

Last night's supper:

Feta salad, pasta, peanuts, fish sticks mayonnaise (all mixed together) and bread and butter, can of diet coke. Followed by a couple of quality street.

I'm not 29 but there sure was some wind.

The History Man":3o5rixpl said:
Last night's supper:

Feta salad, pasta, peanuts, fish sticks mayonnaise (all mixed together) and bread and butter, can of diet coke. Followed by a couple of quality street.

I'm not 29 but there sure was some wind.

Im surprised it took you that long HM :roll:

The History Man":79vgb6yr said:
There are teeth marks in the woodwork.

One of my friends had a dog like that, a husky german shepherd cross. Ate skirting boards, door frames, doors, as well as - annoyingly for my friend - three telephone cables :LOL: :LOL:
Lovely dog though

Mike

I would have thought that the difference in the area of material (which is about as much as a human hand) somewhere low down like a wheel could not be perceived through the steering pulling to one side?!

The area difference, compared to the total area of bike + rider is absolutely tiny, particularly when considering the differences that come from the bagyness of a rider's clothing?

If there is any difference that can be felt I would have come from wind strength, wide direction or clothing choices, far, far bigger variables, even if the wind feels the same to the rider?

It's probably mostly in the OPs mind rather than a real issue. Most of the differences in wind load are either too small or too well balanced to make a significant impact on handling.
You need to go to proper deep section rims (effectively doubling area) and get some funky cross wind effects before it makes a difference.

Been there.

Back