Sorted 27.0 350mm+ Tioga steel seat post

If you get really stuck, I have a 350mm 27.0 Tioga post on ebay, but it is a newer aluminium one. - happy to post a link if needed.
Should be steel as it weighs quite a bit more than a much bigger Thomson one !

If you get really stuck, I have a 350mm 27.0 Tioga post on ebay, but it is a newer aluminium one. - happy to post a link if needed.
Should be steel as it weighs quite a bit more than a much bigger Thomson one !
Thank you. I'm not very good at compromise (understatement siren) but I am starting to think it would be a waste if my main off-road bike is out of action for another summer.

No problem. I don't know how you do it tbh, as a seat post isn't really seen when riding - but I do appreciate that half the fun is sourcing, building then looking at said money pit :LOL:

Just put this ad on this morning,

EDIT. Just seen the GT in the first page - nice. My first mtb love were GTs. Still have a 94 Pantera frame in the garage roof space and deeply regret selling a 99 Zaskar LE Cosmic Sunrise that I bought new many years ago.

If it is any good as somewhat of a 'retro upgrade' (possibly somewhat loosely) until you find the right Tioga post, I think I also have a USE suspension seat post somewhere that may fit.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No problem. I don't know how you do it tbh, as a seat post isn't really seen when riding - but I do appreciate that half the fun is sourcing, building then looking at said money pit :LOL:

Just put this ad on this morning,

EDIT. Just seen the GT in the first page - nice. My first mtb love were GTs. Still have a 94 Pantera frame in the garage roof space and deeply regret selling a 99 Zaskar LE Cosmic Sunrise that I bought new many years ago.

If it is any good as somewhat of a 'retro upgrade' (possibly somewhat loosely) until you find the right Tioga post, I think I also have a USE suspension seat post somewhere that may fit.

Thank you. I'll think about what is the best temporary option. A USE seatpost would be a nice temporary upgrade, but I don't really like suspension seatposts.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back