Withdrawn 26 or 27.5 forks

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Hi everyone. I've been trying to build my old Marin back up to a decent standard as it's going to be a big part of training for next year. The biggest part I need is a set of forks. Specs wise I need straight steerer (at least 200mm), lockout, disc brake and will take forks for either 26 or 27.5 wheels (ideally 120mm travel as that's what I had before and what the frame is designed for so want to keep a similar geometry to keep the front end height but open to suggestions).

Budget wise I don't have a lot so not expecting a lot but up to £80 is my maximum really. I've found the Chinese LUTU air forks on ebay for £75 but I'm always sceptical about the longevity of them😐. I'm not worried about spec as it's predominantly going to be locked out and used on road as that's what I'm limited to for the next few months until I've found out what's causing this pain. Won't do anything bigger than local trails so not even XC duty, I just don't want anything that's going to weigh a ton (anything to make hills easier at the moment)

Thanks everyone.

Back