26" Muddy Fox Rock n Roll 2000ish

finephilly

Dirt Disciple
387216089_6719988401413537_109627885725578184_n.jpg

Anybody got a clue as to the make/model of this bike/frame?

There are no markings on it at all except a frame number under the BB. Obviously not all the original parts. Workmanship on the frame is good. There is a Columbus tubing sticker on the chainstay, but I think that is not original. Overall weight is 13.5kg. 4-bar linkage. I would guess US-made.
Any help appreciated!

Aha. No probs. I knew i'd seen it somewhere! Not quite as posh as the seller made out! Thank god I didn't spend a ton on it. Thanks for your help

Well, the frame looks well made, although geometry is very outdated. I didn't really know so just paid what it was worth in parts. Will prob keep it for a bit to rag around on.

Hadn't seen this one - looks good built up with more modern parts. How has the disc conversion and removal of the canti bosses been done? Might want to change the title of the thread now it has been identified.

Well, it's got some new parts and is now a working bike. Not sure it's the same model as that white n' red one - the disc mounts + guides are original. Won't take more than a 2.1 tyre and I had to change the shock + wobbly bushings. Otherwise, it's OK

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
I wonder if it isn't a Muddy Fox, and Pacific updated the design and kept producing them after Muddy Fox had stopped selling them?
Does the frame number start with a 'P'? Happy to share it?

Back