25 years of Coed y Brenin - FAT TYRE REVOLUTION

I've been updated that we should have plenty of space for displaying bikes. The main area we plan to show the bikes is indoors in conference room space above the Beics Brenin bike shop. Its the area that is used for sign on and event HQ but also opens out onto the balcony adjacent to the cafe so people can wander across easily. The area will be staffed the whole time it is open, we also have quite a few cable locks short and long on site that can be used to lock bikes. Weather permitting it might be good to display a few bikes outside somewhere but we'll make sure it would be in an staffed/attended area. There will be secure storage available overnight if needed or you can collect your bike Saturday after the FTR race.

The plan is to set the bike display up around the time we open sign on (8am Saturday) and keep it open during the day on Saturday while sign on is open.

The space will revert to being the cinema for the film screenings from 4.30pm, we considered just moving the display bikes back out of the way but I think it might be safer to move them to another secure area before the films start as the 2nd film screening runs straight into the Q&A session and then the party. It's probably best that we either secure bikes or return them to their owners after the FTR race and before the film screening at 4.30.

Another bit of good news is that event supporters Muc-Off have offered to kindly donate a show bike prize :)

We still have slots for more show bikes with free race entries to the Fat Tyre Revolution event for anyone kind enough to bring a bike to display. If you are wavering, come along, its going to be a great weekend. Let me know if you can bring a bike to show, I can be reached on mail @ dyfievents.com

Toby

DICKO10":179hvww5 said:
Easy_Rider":179hvww5 said:
Right I'm going and taking a couple of bikes for display. Just need to book camping.
Are you bringing the ms mtb gav???

Sadly I'll have no room as I'll be bringing 3 show bikes and 2 riding bikes!

Another question about the show bike area, will there be stands for the bikes or do we have to brink our own?

Re:

Signed up, riding my trusty Marin and bringing the clunkerOh and the missus has her Overbury's, thing is do I put the Roberts back to pure mtb??

Re:

I'm going to harvest all the stands we can from both stores, we should have enough but if you have your own and have space then it might be an idea to bring it. We mainly use the folding feedback sports wheel stands.

Toby

Re:

Now this sounds and looks like a blast, I think I gotta a couple of bikes 1 show 1 race, I fancy a bit of a race, we should be killing this ! What a great weekend, what a stunning way to celebrate the stuff we love, and let's see if we are or were as fast as we thought we were. :facepalm: :D

If anyone else wants to grab a free entry to the race by offering a bike for display Saturday we still have space, just email me with your details and details of the bike - mail @ dyfievents.com

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

We are all looking forward to what should be a really fun weekend.

Toby

Just as a slight question? does anyone else use uk fatbikes forum? I tried to sign in over the last 24 hours and keep getting this

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Re:

I've talked myself into this one, must be 20 years since I last rode there!

I'll bring along a '95 DBR to display and ride, plus a selection of period correct lycra...just so I look the part!!

Re:

Just awaiting confirmation from toby but i most likely will have a free race entry for saturdays retro race :)

Back