25" Overbury's Connoisseur refurbed

Re: 25" Overbury's Connoisseur in need of TLC

Will take better pics today and go for a spin. Managed to find most things on my shopping list other than the hoods. Will see how it fits as stem looks a little long for my liking.

Down tube says Overbury's.

Getting a good vibe. Some bikes I've not connected with man, but I'm feeling the love for this one.

Re:

First ride.

A bit stop start until I gt head around the fact that the middle ring was not an option. Having 52/32 left I decided on a route change. Stanway Hill to Broadway Tower, down Fish Hill if all was well, then home.

First impressions are good. Very very smooth after the two alloy road bikes. The same size SBDU I had was way too steep at the front. This is relaxed, armchair comfortable by comparison. Once I got the position sorted with stem on max and seat pushed back a little I forgot I was on such a large frame. B17s seem to fit me well. After a few tweaks I attempted Stanway Hill. Remarkably comfortable 10% average climb for a couple of miles. The bike really runs on well, transfers power efficiently and cushions really nicely. The guy was a big fan of cable ties. Rack, guards, cables all held on with them. Might treat it to some nice black guards to match the seat and new tape. Full strip and rebuild awaits.

Fish Hill was a little hairy as the roads were greasy, brakes vague and traffic unforgiving. Very stable at speed though. After about 20 miles we bonded. Love it. Andy didn't build bikes, he built partners.

429c94d41aab01f87435e783924c6cb9_zpsa8336535.jpg

Lots to do, brifters, tape, guard stays at least, rack mounts etc.

a5c5523060122ea0c843b64f567288d9_zps8e5252b6.jpg

give me a bell on monday. I will look in one of my catalogues all kinds of gems in there including non longer availble shifter hoods.

Thank you for that. I shall PM you.

Apparently they're only ten years old. And still work well.

Looks great, but that brooks looks extremely short. Is it a B17 or not :) ?

It's an optical illusion caused by the mahusive bicycule.

I can find no reference to this frame online.

Does anybody know anything?

Back