Wanted 24" - XL - or near as dammit battered road frame (preferably disc) anything considered for bamboo project.

Mr. Bleak

Dirt Disciple
Howdy! :)

A bit of a cheeky one this (I hope nobody gets offended) but I need a project for the winter months and I'm looking to build a steel (or alloy) bamboo gravel bike and I need a donor frame for my plan. Preferably cheap as chips or a giveaway, as I'm looking to do this as cheap as possible.

If anyone out there has a 24" or as near as dammit steel frame, or an XL alloy frame knocking around with damaged main frame tubes and they would like to donate it, I would be very grateful indeed! ;)

Obviously, if the frame has had a shunt at either ends, then it would be of no use to me, as I need a straight frame, but if the main tubes have dents, knocks dings in it and the owner wants rid of it as it's gathering dust, then I'll take it.

If the frame is disc compatible, then even better for my plans. I'm looking to build a fast tourer or possible gravel bike.

Thanks in advance. 👍

note: I've decided that I really need V-brakes or disc for this build, but thanks to all those whom have offered help so far. 👍

Last edited:
You're welcome to this if you want it, Dawes Discovery 25"

Attachments

• 20220916_085440.jpg
    20220916_085440.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back