Wanted 24.0 mm Seat post for Peugeot

severnthheathen

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all, I'm looking for one of those 24.0 mm diameter seat posts that Peugot used in the 1980s. Can be steel or aluminium. Ideally between 200 and 300 mm in length. Sat here with fingers crossed.

Yep, I can send you one of those. An unused, uncut, silver steel post with separate guts. I think I’ll probably have a genuine Peugeot alloy one but not sure if it’ll be long enough. I’m away from the workshop until Monday if you can wait until then for confirmation/photos

Yep, I can send you one of those. An unused, uncut, silver steel post with separate guts. I think I’ll probably have a genuine Peugeot alloy one but not sure if it’ll be long enough. I’m away from the workshop until Monday if you can wait until then for confirmation/photos
Great stuff. Thanks for quick response. Happy to wait until you're back in workshop. Photo would be good. Please let me know the price when you you get back. Thanks again.

IMG_8118.jpeg

Here you go as promised. On the left is the uncut/unused steel post with separate guts. 400mm long. £28 posted.

On the right is an alloy post but it’s only around 180mm in length and is a little bent where the previous user hadn’t inserted it far enough into the frame. £15 posted.

Thanks a lot for the offer and the trouble you took rooting these out. But... the slightly bent alloy one is too short. The other is more than I was wanting to pay. It's for a budget build and a tenner tops is what I had in mind. I might end up with a 7/8" BMX post shimmed to approx 24.0. Thanks for all your help - much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for the offer and the trouble you took rooting these out. But... the slightly bent alloy one is too short. The other is more than I was wanting to pay. It's for a budget build and a tenner tops is what I had in mind. I might end up with a 7/8" BMX post shimmed to approx 24.0. Thanks for all your help - much appreciated.
I think I have one £13 posted would do, let me dig it out and check if truly 24mm. Spanish Zeus I think it is

Yep it is 24mm and aero to top it up :) In good condition, no real marks on aero bit. standard 8" long. £13 posted as said ^

Attachments

• 24mm seatpost.jpg
    24mm seatpost.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 8
Hi, is this still available? I'm rebuilding an old Peugeot mtb from the mid 80s and need a seatpost with no guts on the top.

Cheers

Back