2015 Paris-Brest-Paris 1200km randonnée.

New UN55 BB fitted this afternoon. I nearly stripped the thread off the aluminium ring that goes in on the left hand side, which would have been interesting, lots of grease got it on in the end. £12 for a new Shimano BB, not bad really, so we should be gliding along nice and easy now, as the old one was on the way out.

Just had a look at the route and control times and I need to get to Loudeac @ 440km before I have my first sleep as that control shuts at 08:30 on day 2, then its a couple of 310km days and a 140km trundle to the finish by 16:30 on Thursday. That should give me time to have a leisurely beer and lunch just before the finish. Dream on!!

Route:

Out http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9767102

Back http://ridewithgps.com/routes/9767104

I think Steve has a support crew in a motorhome at the controls, he needs it though as he can't have a rest at the end like I can. Not sure which start group he's in though.

All the very best for this one mate. I would say best of luck but you dont need it, your more than prepared. Enjoy yourself and I'll follow your progress with much interest :)

Jamie

Re:

I rode it last time on a semi retro.Sirrius 531,silver chorus 10spd kit,Rolls to sit on.
Had a perfect ride,good weather,bike went well,no mechanicals.No huge quews for food.
First sleep was Brest then had 3/4 later but cannt remember where.
Trevor and Martin from Falmouth Wheelers have gone if you see them wish them all the best.!!!
Good luck and enjoy it.jm.

Cheers.

Just about to set off for the Thursday group ride down from London to Paris, should be there tomorrow afternoon some time.

I'll try and post a couple of updates.

Re:

An update if I may interfere....

So far our intrepid rider left Paris yesterday at 05:00, reaching the Villaines control at 13:30 having covered 221 Km.
Fougeres was reached at 18:17 - 310Km. No data from Tinteniac, with the next time check being Loudeac 00:48 at a distance of 449 Km.

I will assume our rider stopped there for a bit of a kip!

The organisers seem to have a technical problem with data from Carhaix - the last control before Brest, Tinteniac, Fougeres and Villaines. So I have lost track of him. If all is going well, I would guess he will arrive at the turnaround point in Brest this afternoon. Either that or he is still asleep.

More updates as I see them.

Allez Bugloss, Allez!

Thanks Uncle Monty!

At work so cheering you on..........on the inside :)
Top man, an example to us all.

Jamie

I'm in Brittany, approx. 20 mins North of Loudeac - the PBP comes thru my village - I passed a guy having a kip at the side of the road yesterday - it might have been Bugloss!

The first riders were coming thru early on Monday morning but the majority have come thru today, I heard that the leading rider had come back thru by Monday evening!!

Weather is perfect, not too hot and hardly any wind, you've got to take your hat off to these guys.

Re:

Good morning Retro Velocipedes.

The latest updates had our intrepid rider leaving Carhaix at 11:15 yesterday morning having covered 525Km. He reached Brest at 15:46. 618Km and the turnaround point.

Back to Carhaix by 20:40 and on to Loudeac clocking into the control at 01:22 this morning. 722Km ridden - this man is a machine!

Allez Bugloss Allez!

Re:

Having a sip of water and a quick sit down at 839km.

The plan is to reach 1089km this evening for an 8 hour sleep in my tent and a saunter in to Paris for lunch and a beer.

Thanks for watching .......

Back