2012 Voodoo Hoodoo

JimK404

Marin Fan
I wanted a bike for playing on and one that I wouldn't cry about if I damaged/broke it. Also wanted to try something with more modern MTB geometry, but still compatible with my old parts-bin components.

So went looking, and found a NOS 2012 Voodoo Hoodoo frame on eBay for £55. Reviews from the time said it's a decent frame, and the Suntour Raidon fork it originally came with has only 15mm different a-c to the Z1 I would fit. So, I took the plunge.

Frame arrived in the middle of an all-hands call at work, which distracted me a bit 🙂 It's a really nice anodised red colour and looks good.

ZS44 is not a headset size I've had before so that needed buying. Also needed a seat collar, but that's about it. After a couple of hours:
PXL_20230214_170248049.jpg
A motley assortment of bits from various eras. The observant will notice it doesn't have a chain; I planned a 1x9, but didn't think about how the chainring bolts are too long to secure one chainring. A shorter set are on order, and then I can go play. I might venture to Tidworth Bike Park and try not to die - it's 25 years since I did a downhill race 😬

Back