2011Cube Sting Pro HPC

I have on order a 'Muddy Board' to (hopefully) stop the rear shock getting caked in crap

cubefront.jpg

I've just fitted the DT Swiss CPW 1280 carbon wheelset (under 1400g for the pair!) & reweighed the bike (with XT SPD pedals) at 25lb 9oz/11.6kg, which is 600g lighter than my last Cube which had 20mm less travel than the Sting

Just waiting for the muddy board and XT shifters to arrive before it gets it's 1st outing

Are the pot holes getting that bad around you :p

You have to learn me...
How does the rear suspension setup (other than travel) compare to the AMS ?
When does it activate, benefits, downsides ?

What no SRAM ?

FluffyChicken":2tx2pxhd said:
Are the pot holes getting that bad around you :p

You have to learn me...
How does the rear suspension setup (other than travel) compare to the AMS ?
When does it activate, benefits, downsides ?

What no SRAM ?
Yeah big pot holes and massive kerbs too ;)

I believe that the Sting is less prone to pedal bob as it uses a lower compression tuning on the rear shock than the AMS

Should also be a lower COG

I've only ridden it home from work so far, so no real test of it's capabilities.

Oh, Ben I have that saddle for your Mrs, I'll bring it on Sunday

As a first ride goes a skills coaching session is quite a way to test a new bike out :LOL:

From the start I felt much more comfortable on the Sting than the AMS, more like I was sat in the bike, not on it.

The bike performed flawlessly, unlike it's rider who needed a few attempts to get things done right :oops:

Really looking forward to a day out on it tomorrow, apologies to all those who will be on old school bikes, it's just gotta be ridden tomorrow it's that new bike thing innit ;)

Anyhoo some pics from the shakedown ride @ UKBikeSkills.co.uk skills centre

Skills coaching @ UKbikeskills.co.uk by Andy Bax, on Flickr

how do you findthe tyres in the mud? I've got an AMS with them on and found em very slippy this week.

Is it the tyres or the conditions atm?

Nice bike and good to see some action shots!
Was I the only one to think 'Tron' when I looked at the first picture?!

Back