2011 Trek Fuel EX9 project

Just got back from Afan, The bike performed out of this world... gives so much confidence even to a wuss like me!! :LOL:

Lost a ride this morning though when just got onto the wall trail and the juicy lever hit the bar... The pressed metal pin that pivots the lever fell out ... leaving me buggered :cry:

Aha, the forums are back. I came at lunchtime and everything was locked down.

daj":3lg7kuxz said:
Lost a ride this morning though when just got onto the wall trail and the juicy lever hit the bar... The pressed metal pin that pivots the lever fell out ... leaving me buggered :cry:

That's certainly a pain. I lost a pad from a set of front V's once, it was just at the top of a steep, wet, muddy descent, the first of many that day. Stopping in these conditions isn't easy when you only have a rear brake. I never went riding again without a spare set of pads and clips!

This isn't supposed to be an example to you, I wouldn't expect your failure to occur. :shock:

EarlofBarnet":3lg7kuxz said:
Forks are lovely. Definitely something on my list that I'd like to own.

I was going to get some Rock Shox, but figured that the fork was one area I didn't want to compromise from the start and as the new bike is specced with the modern version, I may as well try to get as close to it as possible without forking out (urgh) 700 squids!

I got another update from Trek today, they are hoping the frame will be in the country by the end of the week, but it may get caught up with customs, we'll have to wait and see.

Oh and a further bonus, Trek are throwing in a headset to fit my fork!!!!! :D

Nice forks :D

I'm a relative newbie to Fox forks but I can say they ride very plush. Seem to always score top marks on every review over other forks so they're obviously on the money :D

Wheels have arrived and are not quite as light as the Rolf's and DT's I had on the last two bikes!

I can't quite work out the year on these wheels.

I bought them through Merlin who advertise them on their website as the 2010 model, but the receipt lists them as being 2009. However, the white decals on the rims and hubs look like the latest 2011 design??

Another oddity, there is no center lock for the 6 bolt 'star thingy' which I thought all Freerides had? On these wheels it's a solid part of the hub with no center locking mechanism.

mavic_nick_01.jpg

Not yet Si, just about to email Trek as it happens as I've heard nothing from the bike shop for over a week.

XT front mech and cables arrived today. No bling, just going for efficient function at the moment. The bling can come at a later date when I have more money to spare!

Had a look at the Elixir 5's last night. One of the front pistons doesn't like to return inside the caliper without being forced back in. I've taken the pads out and oiled it, but it hasn't helped. I'm hoping having it bled will fix the problem, otherwise I'll have to return it to Merlin :!:

nick_cables_fmech.jpg

Latest posts

Back