2010 real ale wobble 13th of november

I'll be making a concerted effort to get there late on friday, in a bid to be sober for saturday.
I'm going to sleep in the car this year as it was bloody freezing in the tent last year.
Is anybody riding retro this year? I'm definately going to bring some gears :D

yeah i don't think single speed was your best choice!! but i'm gonna go retro unlike last year on the modern toss! :oops:

I'm thinking either fully rigid SS 29er (modern Karate Monkey) or Proflex 855 (but can I bothered to sort all the gears out?? I don't think so).

Well, I'm back for my annual retrobike post. Hope you've all had a good year!

Had a great time at my inaugural wobble last year, despite being well out of my comfort zone hill-wise, having no gear, experience or indeed accompanying mates.

Anyway, just realised it's 'that time again' and I'm up for it. Might even manage a longer version this time. Hell, I might even be able to talk some mates into it.

Failing that... you lot are going... I know what you look like now... basically, it's gonna take more than a change of T-shirt to escape this time... :)

jonnyboy666":2623i2z9 said:
a couple of smallish river/stream crossings up to hub height

Rubbish - I managed to go up to my armpits in shite last time! :roll: :LOL:

Used to do this every year but not been in ages, last time I was stitched up royally - we'd done the longest route on the Saturday, plus an eight mile round trip from the bunkhouse and raced every damn hill (back when I were fit then :oops:), then drank till I could barely see, finishing up with an impromptu pool contest with the locals (difficult when you can't see for 12% ale) at goodness knows when in the morning. All well & good except half of the dirty scum I'd gone with had snook off back for a good nights kip & left me drinking with the downhillers (it was the first year the club began to split - some of the crazy fools had as much as 4" of travel! Craaa-zeee...), who had no intention of riding the next day on such extreme and inappropriate machinery :roll:

:evil: :evil: :evil:

So I got woken up, very confused, by a bunch of fresh-faced gits & did day two semi-paralytic on two hours sleep - hence me ending up face-first in the biggest, smelliest bog in all of Wales (on my fourth attempt to ride it instead of walking around it like everyone else).

I feel better for getting that off my chest... :oops:

Hope I can make it this year, will check my diary (you all know what that means ;)) :cool:

i'm really looking forward to this now, i hear they have a different route sorted for this year, a change is always nice.

the only thing i am gutted about is not being able to stay in town. the nearest place i could get was 10 miles away :( but i'll stay as long as i can and drink just coke!! :LOL: i'll look into getting a taxi or whatever though so that i can stay for a few beers

jonnyboy666":2gvyrr37 said:
i'm really looking forward to this now, i hear they have a different route sorted for this year, a change is always nice.

the only thing i am gutted about is not being able to stay in town. the nearest place i could get was 10 miles away :( but i'll stay as long as i can and drink just coke!! :LOL: i'll look into getting a taxi or whatever though so that i can stay for a few beers

given you the bus timetable from Builth to Llandrindod, you just need to find a way of getting to Builth from Llanwrtyd. There will be a few vehicles going that way after the Wales v SA game.

Latest posts

Back