2009 Jeff Jones 3D Spaceframe Ti

little update....the search for the saddle is now over.

this rather nice Brooks B17 titanium is on route.......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

more expense, but i had a good long look at saddles for the past few month and i always kept on going back to brooks.......i loved the swallow i had on the moots rigormootis, so decided on a more comfy version of that.

this will suit my large bum muscles (not fat ass) really well i hope.

the jones has cost me a fortune, its on its way to the £7,000 mark since i bought it second hand, crazy, but its a special bike.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
by crikey dude that's not a cheap saddle!

the perfect perch though, will look spot on

you have to not think about the cost when the jones needs something :oops:

im still unsure if i should change anything else on it, any thoughts folks?

7 grand :shock: christ. :LOL:

I'm glad you pointed out that was JeffJones in that last bunch of pics, or I'd have assumed it was you :LOL: :LOL:

Is the saddle the finishing touch?

im still unsure if i should get the fat truss fork/large marge wheel and 3.7surly tire.......though it will cost around £1,500.

then i thought what about hydraulic brakes, but the BB7 are really good and so easy to get on with.

size wise its awesome, despite me looking at moots layback posts.......im not sure, cant find faults yet, even the tires are doing there job at the minute.

the jones new saddle is here.......Brooks B17 Titanium :cool: in brown, with hand beaten copper rivets, the thing is a work of art.

its loads heavier than the charge spoon Ti it replaces, but the comfort is unreal....well worth the extra money too, it should last a lifetime.

satiopics003-1.jpg

satiopics004.jpg

satiopics005.jpg

so happy i went with my heart rather than looks, this will be much better than a 'modern' looking saddle. i need comfort rather than looks/weight, so im looking forward to sticking the miles in on the beauty.

Brooks are fantastic saddles, I'm thinking of getting one soon too.

And as for the debate on the other website with regards to cost, we all spend what we can afford and if we end up with a bike that we love and cherish, who cares what it costs.

With any luck I'll track you down one of these days and take a perch on that saddle and perhaps push a pedal or two. :cool:

Nick C":1c71dkbc said:
With any luck I'll track you down one of these days and take a perch on that saddle and perhaps push a pedal or two. :cool:

i had a lucky break this year, hence took the rare chance to get a jones as id never would of been able to any other time, sure glad i did too.

im sure we will meet on a ride one day bud, feel free to have a go on the jones and sample the brooks too.

keep an eye on e-bay and snap one up like i did if you get the chance, they are awesome saddles.

my next bike will be wearing a brooks too, though probaly just the basic £69 B17.

My very first racing bike sported a Brooks saddle, but as a badly informed teenager I threw it away and bought one of those thin gel saddles that were in all the mags at the time. Of course it had the fraction of the comfort.

I'm heading back to the Brooks' website right now for a gander!

Back