2006 Scott Genius RC 20 Carbon - Fox XTR Hope DT Swiss etc

rossd0131

Retro Newbie
Scott Genius RC 20

For sale £650 ono

2006 Model, originally bought from Evans Cycles in 2008 for £2799.99

In summary, it’s a very light Carbon framed full suspension XC bike with Fox F100 forks.

The original spec is shown here http://www.evanscycles.com/products/sco ... 9#features.

The seat and bars have been changed from the original spec by me but I am sure you will have your own preference and fit your own in due course. I have removed my pedals from the bike (as seems to be the norm) but can supply some is this is a deal breaker for you.

It has been regularly serviced at Evans with various parts changed when required. The most recent service was in April 2014 during which the chain, front derailleur, and large/middle chain rings were replace with new ones (XT).

It has the usual scratches, cable rub and marks of a used bike but the frame had no cracks etc. and the pivots have no play. Everything works as it should and it is ready to ride.

The rear suspension can be set to full travel, traction control (pro pedal) and lock out from the remote lever on the handlebars and the front fork can easily be locked out by turning the lever on the top of the right leg. On my cheapo scales it weighs under 25lbs and there are lots of parts that could be upgraded if you wanted to make a super light XC machine - Or with the option of total lockout the suspension gives your could even use it as an exotic commuter bike with suspension for the bumpy bits.

I live in Edinburgh (scotland) and can deliver locally - if you are further away I am happy for you to organise a courier etc. and will help where I can.

Any questions or offers please just ask.

Cheers,
Ross

Attachments

• DSCN0099.JPG
    DSCN0099.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 1,104
  • DSCN0115.JPG
    DSCN0115.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 1,102
  • DSCN0116.JPG
    DSCN0116.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 1,101
  • DSCN0102.JPG
    DSCN0102.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 1,101
  • DSCN0103.JPG
    DSCN0103.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 1,104
PS. I welcome any comments and/or advice regarding price (feel free to PM me). I put £650 ono but that was just off the top of my head.

Back