For Sale 2004 Klein Palomino V - £350 posted

Lacuna

Retro Guru
2004 Klein Palomino V. Very original spec including original grips and tyres. The only thing I have changed is the chainset where I swapped the LX octalink for M960 XTR

I think it’s a medium but please ask if you want a specific measurement.

It’s reasonably clean but could do with a deep clean of the drive. Everything works well and the suspension holds air perfectly (it’s held up fine for a year without needing a top up).

The main bad point is a small dint on the left side of the top tube, near the ‘V’. I have tried to show it in the pictures.

£350 posted.

IMG_9634.jpeg IMG_9639.jpeg IMG_9637.jpeg IMG_9638.jpeg IMG_9643.jpeg IMG_9640.jpeg IMG_9635.jpeg

Like this, seems a very fair price too IMO. (wish I was in a position to add another bike to the fleet :( ) How do these ride real-world? The suspension design looks like it's asking for stiction/excess wear on the shock piston but maybe the forces are more balanced than I'm thinking. Neat design though, would love to sample one some time.

Like this, seems a very fair price too IMO. (wish I was in a position to add another bike to the fleet :( ) How do these ride real-world? The suspension design looks like it's asking for stiction/excess wear on the shock piston but maybe the forces are more balanced than I'm thinking. Neat design though, would love to sample one some time.
It’s more active than a ‘normal’ URT design and the action is nicely matched to the fork.

The bearings all seem pretty good and there’s no play but it hasn’t had a lot of use so can’t say if the system is more or less durable than alternatives. Worth a go if you get the chance, that’s why I bought it 🙂

Yep, wish I was able to buy this as it does seem very reasonable. Not sure I'd class it as URT as technically the BB is isolated by a pivot, as with GT I drives I tend to think of these kind of things as semi-URT, best of both worlds sort of thing.

Anyway GLWS and apologies for minor derail, hope to snag one some day though.

I had the original Maverick ML7 which was a great ride here in Spain, it seemed impossible to hang the rear wheel up. Parts were still available from the Flow Zone.
Another one I shouldn't have parted with.

Back