2001 Saracen Addiction Downhill Bike £700 o.n.o.

Brendawg

Retro Newbie
2001 Saracen Addiction DH bike for sale

Size 15.5"
Saracen addiction DH frame, adjustable travel (4, 6, 8"), currently set to 6"
Rond Ego upside down triple clamp forks, 178mm travel, 20mm bolt thru axle, with service kit (spare seals and all tools required for service)
Hope M4 185mm front brake, Hayes HFX9 203mm rear brake, superstar components sintered pads
Front wheel Hope Bulb hub on Halo combat rim, rear Diatech hub on Halo Combat rim
Nokian Gazzalodi 3" Front tyre, WTB 2.5" rear tyre (I'll throw in the original Nokkian 2.3" rear tyre as the WTB is a 2010, the Nokkian is a 2000)
Shimano XT rear mech (8 speed), shimano cassette, shimano XTR chain, shimano XTR gear cables, Shimano STX-RC 8 speed shifter
Azonic Chubby 28" (711mm) bars, Tioga 70mm stem, club roost kevlar saddle
DMR chieftan mk2 cranks (spare set of cranks and BB included), DMR V8 pedals
Blackspire 44 tooth chainring and chain device
THE front mudguard

I've owned this bike since 2001, with it seeing very little use since 2004 (approx 20 rides in 10 years). It was my pride and joy when I was younger, but now my riding time is limited, it see's very little use, hence why it is up for sale. I'm looking for £700, but am open to offers.

The bike is in good condition, but does have a small amount of play in the lower shock bushing (it's had this ever since I've owned it and it hasn't been a problem for me). Also, the front axle has been trimmed by a couple of mm due to the previous owner cross threading it. The axle still fits fine. I've hit 25 foot gap jumps and 10 foot drops with it and it hasn't been a problem.

Due to the weight of the bike (45lb approx), I'm unwilling to post, but would be willing to drive a reasonable distance to meet to sell the bike.

Pics can be found here;

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/sarac ... 1074657515

I'm based in Llanelli (halfway between Afan Argoed and Brechfa).

For more info, please message me.

Back