2001 Orange 222 dh race bike

cyfa2809":2muu7mfy said:
Yetidh9":2muu7mfy said:
Thanks.

Is it a Pace stem you got on your own frame? I had such one on a Bullit with Pace forks once. Real nice craftsmanship on that...

I will email Orange about the Global stickerset. They may have them still. I have not even given it considerration that they would have them so I have not borthered to email them til now.

You should call them if possible, theyre very friendly and helpful. Have your frame number to hand as they sometimes ask for it.

Your are so perfectly right about them being frindly. My frame is already a trade-in for a broken Patriot at around year 2000. Nice gesture!

My frame is still with the welder waiting to get the craks fixed. When I get it back it is going to be time to find new transders etc... and give Orange a call.

Yetidh9":1ko30h74 said:
Thanks.

Is it a Pace stem you got on your own frame? I had such one on a Bullit with Pace forks once. Real nice craftsmanship on that...

I will email Orange about the Global stickerset. They may have them still. I have not even given it considerration that they would have them so I have not borthered to email them til now.

Yeah it's an rc46 I think? I had that re-anodised as well because it was looking a bit shabby.

The guys at Orange are really helpful if you give them a call as previously mentioned. It cost me about 25 pound posted to Aus for the set. Included a fresh head badge as well!

Thats why we like small brands so much! They have real service! I had the same experince with Yeti before thet went Taiwain and Principia in Denmak!

Looks nice, Im just about to start building one of these too as i have an ex team global rockshox black box rear shock to top it off.

heavyp":29qzu66x said:
Looks nice, Im just about to start building one of these too as i have an ex team global rockshox black box rear shock to top it off.

Sounds like a nice damper. I have run mine with four kinds of dampers. An standard fox vanilla rc, a vanilla rc propedal tuned, a very good fifth element and now a new dhx 5.... Can't really say if I liked the fifth or the dhx best... Both goes well with my dorado.

Here are some pictures of the two welded parts. The one behind the headtube was rather critical. And the one on the downtube/bb shell was too. But in the end we considered the last crack (shock mount) less critcal and desiced not to weld it.

Besides the two repairs I decided to weld on a MRP boomerang for the chaindevice. The 222 ddo mot have iscg tabs. So making the boomerang on the mrp sit tight has always been a challenge. But now it sits real tight :)

Attachments

• P1020491.JPG
    P1020491.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1,064
  • P1020490.JPG
    P1020490.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,064
  • P1020489.JPG
    P1020489.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,064
  • P1020488.JPG
    P1020488.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,064
cyfa2809":13p4sryr said:
You trashed a king?

No mate. Definetly not. I had the cracked spots welded and made it good for another 12 year's of service.... The fixing of the chaingard is a little rough. But the threads in the bb cannot hold the boomerang anymore. And they have already been rethreaded to Italian. So need to take some stress off them. Welding on the boomerang was the best fix without changing the bb tube. You may also ask why not remove the headset before repairing the crack here... simple. It has been glued into the frame as the headtube is oval. So the fixings are actually quite though through - and well made by a professional that does nothing but weld aluminium.

What you are looking at here is not a garage queen but a race bike. It do not have to be all that pretty. It have to be working and in order. I even consider not respraying it as it will remove all the scars of action that is all over the frame by now... Kind of like the look of hardcore use.

Back