20" 1995 Merlin XLM frame and lots of other titanium parts

MySweetFixie

Retro Newbie
I’m interested in selling my Merlin XLM and all of its parts. I’ve had this bike for about 6 years and have put (maybe) 100 miles on it. I initially acquired it with big dreams of riding it forever, but work (in NYC, without much mountain biking) and now medical school (in Vermont! But I have no time/money) leaves the bike sitting in my bedroom unridden. I’m super strapped for cash right now and I’m interested in selling it.

I’m in Burlington, VT if anyone is local and wants to check it out.

If any of the prices are entirely too much/too little please let me know. I know muuuuuuch more about road bikes and don’t have a great gauge on mountain bike stuff, especially mountain bike stuff like this.

Finally, I may be a new seller, but I'm not dodgy. If you are interested in purchasing the bike I'm happy to exchange phone numbers, Facebook profile, etc to work out any details. I've posted my Ebay account in my profile as well as my Paceline forum account information in my profile.

If you have any questions please let me know! I'm happy to take more photographs and provide more information!

Here is a link to an album with all of the photos

Frame
A+ condition. No dings, dents, or scrapes anywhere on the frame. There is a little wear on one of the decals that I photographed. I put <100mi on this bike, and I believe the previous owner put even fewer miles on the bike.
Size: 20”
Stand Over: 32”
BB Shell Width: 68mm English
Frame Tubing Material: 3Al/2.5V titanium, double-butted
£600.00

Components
Brake Levers: Black/Silver Avid Speed Dial £55.00
Shift Levers: STX RC £10.00
Front Derailleur: XTR m950 £20.00
Rear Derailleur: XTR m950 £30.00
Crankset: Cook Bros Racing E-Crankset £90.00
Chainrings: 1st & 2nd = Real Chainring (nickel plated) and 3rd = titanium (likely SRP/Tioga)
Bottom Bracket: Cook Bros Titanium Spindle £40.00
Cassette: 8-speed, 12 - 32 teeth, SRP/Tioga Titanium £90.00
Seatpost: Syncros Pro Series titanium (27.2 mm diameter) £50.00
Skewers: Ritchey QR skewers, neat! £8.00
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite (titanium w/ perforated leather) £40.00
Headset: 1 1/8" Chris King no-logo, pre-1993 £40.00
Handlebars: Answer Protaper Riser £0.00 (free w/ order if you want them)
Grips: Red Yeti ODI £0.00 (not pictured because I goofed, free w/ order if you want them)

BM9mNP1.jpg

Here is a link to an album with all of the photos

If you have any questions please let me know! I'm happy to take more photographs and provide more information!

Thanks for looking!

Re:

Pending photos, interested in CK headset, seatpost and M950 mechs.
Are you UK-based? Edit : I'm an idiot, clearly US-based. Will calculate potential tax costs.

Re:

i am interessted in the Cook Bros Titanium Spindle Bottom Bracket for £40.00 and, just in case, the flite saddle

Re:

:oops:
Sorry, I was scrolling down so enthusiastically and eagerly that I completely missed the content of your post..
:LOL:

Hey everyone! Thanks for the interest!

My schedule is pretty dismal right now, but I'll work through all the posts and PMs that I've received. As it stands claims/dibs/interests are looking like this:

M-Power: saddle
Retro66666 (pm'd me last week in the event of a parts sell off, and I promised to oblige): levers, post, rear der
MatBH5: Front der, headset
Swonte: BB, and (potentially) the chainrings

I'll work out shipping/etc with PMs for the time being. Once a plan is truly worked out I'll update this post. Please let me know if you have changed your mind or are no longer interested.

Sorry for the chaos and thanks so much for your interest!

Hi Newie

Re: Shimano XTR M950 Rear Derailleur....(8 speed)

Buy or trade, please tell what's the cage length?

Trade have very nice cond XTR M952, long cage, 9 speed

Back