1st ride in 2 years

Well today i went on ride number 2 as I had no issues with my leg from other day same route opposite direction Liverpool loopline to the Liverpool Leeds canal then jumped on the canal and headed into Liverpool city centre then home out for about 5 hours today certainly felt it more today with the temperature but not with the leg see what tomorrow brings fingers crossed all is good.

If I had to put a distance on today's run I would say 18 to 20 miles might have been longer but i had to jump train from city centre to the station local to me as wife was called to work and I wouldn't have made it back in time for kids getting home. i am going to plot it to check later for exact distance as not got a comp on bike at the mo, certainly needed more water today though as a result

Well went for ride number 3 today had stuff to do so took the shorter route, it was great did the route slightly quicker than last time decided to go have a look round a few shops and grab a brew before i headed back as the ends on Speke Retail.

Then disaster strikes as I started to make my way home the bloody chain snapped still on the retail, so yet again I found myself in Halfords on that retail park looking for some spit links they had none in stock so a chain it was with a choice between Clarkes and SRAM so grab's the SRAM knowing it s much longer than mine asks them any chance of removing a few links for me so i can safely make my way home. Sorry we are to busy was the reply I was flabbergasted bloody place was empty, but needed to get home wife's in work so had to grab chain or grab cab and the distance from location to mine chain was the cheaper option.

So glad it wasn't the longer route i took as i would have had miles to walk to the nearest bike shop.

Attachments

• 20140721_150508.jpg
    20140721_150508.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 370
You can buy quick links on thier own - only the outer links ever fail so you can demolish it with a pair of pliers thne fit a replacement link. Alternatively, get a multitool with a link extractor on it.

You know what i never gave a multi tool a thought, they had no spare links in and i looked for a link remover while i was in the place. I used to have a decent multi tool but gave it my brother though while i aint been able to ride, will have to see if he still has it and get back from him if he aint using or get a new one.

Ah well, went out today to make sure the new chain was all good. Been doing a day out a day in but cant get out over the next 2 days. All seems fine with it didn't noticed any jumps with it as i thought I might have had to get a new 7 speed block on it with the new chain. I was well impressed and felt somewhat inspired as well I passed some block at that time it looked like he was having a sit off and watering about 5 miles down and I has my own sit off and watering.

Starts getting ready to get on with the last part my trip home and the same bloke flew past me, Bloke had a prosthetic leg fitted on one leg and was flying, here is me not ridden due to my ankle issues and swelling for over 2 years have to say it I was well impressed, while I have worked with very active disabled people when I was lecturing at college, its the first time i have seen in person and not on the TV .

So big respect to the bloke got me pounding pedals a little harder when i seen him flying though 4-5 rides in now after over 2 years out i have a long way to go to catch that bloke up.

Back